Helene

San Francisco Ballet in London

12 posts in this topic

San Francisco Ballet opens on Friday (14 September) at Sadler's Wells. I hope our London Ballet Alerters will report back on this thread:

SFB London Tour -- September 2012

Thanks to a heads up from Bruce Marriott's DanceTabs short interview with Helgi Tomasson, Tomasson and Mark Morris will be interviewed for about 20 minutes on the two-hour "In Tune" show on BBC Radio Three tomorrow, 12 September, at 4:30pm London time, or 11am EDT/8am PDT, and the show will appear in the archives in about a week. (There's a "Listen" link in the top right of the Radio Three page.)

Thanks, Helene. I'm very curious how Londoners will respond to "Beaux," and to the company as a whole. Thanks for word of the intterviews. When you say they are there, do you mean the interviews are up on the site or that the dancers are in london?

The dancers are in London -- that was a photo of Tan in front of an ad in the Tube.

There's also an interview with Helgi Tomasson in the Financial Times. It focuses on San Francisco Ballet being a leading model of a post-Balanchine company in the States. Tomasson says that the curatorial choices that Robert Joffrey made were a great influence on him.

Steps in the right direction:

http://www.ft.com/in...l#axzz26I1u1enq

San Francisco Ballet at Sadler's Wells Theatre, Sepember 2012.

Programme A:

Divertimento No. 15 (Mozart) - Balanchine

Symphonic Dances (Rachmaniov) - Edwaard Liang

Number Nine (Torke) - Christopher Wheeldon

San Francisco Ballet at Sadler's Wells Theatre

Programme B:

Trio (Tchaikovsky) Helgi Tomasson

Ghosts (Kip Winger) - Christopher Wheeldon

Guide to Strange Places (John Adams) - Ashley Page

Marc Haegeman is in the house and has begun to publish photos of SFB's London visit to Facebook: