This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Hollywood's Golden Age v. 2.01924-1969

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Crawford, Stanwyck, and Gish are all favorites of mine as well. ;)

#17 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Crawford, Stanwyck, and Gish are all favorites of mine as well. ;)

You have excellent taste and, if I may say, sound judgement -- you've put the correct person first! Posted Image

#18 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

You have excellent taste and, if I may say, sound judgement -- you've put the correct person first! Posted Image

LOL - Yes! My first A on a quiz in many years.

There are so many others to mention from over the years: Katherine Hepburn (and Audrey), Deborah Kerr, Wendy Hiller...

#19 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

I picked up the best cookbook (more like a pamphlet, actually) from 1933 on e-Bay -- Betty Crocker's 101 Delicious Bisquick Creations As Made and Served by Well-Known Gracious Hostesses; Famous Chefs; Distinguished Epicures and Smart Luminaries of Movieland. Recipes include Mary Pickford's Strawberry Shortcake, Claudette Colbert's Peach Shortcake and Gloria Swanson's Cheese Bisquicks. I would like to know why Joan Crawford wasn't included, though. I'll bet Norma "screwing the boss" Shearer was behind this injustice!

In any event, this well-know gracious hostess enjoyed reading through these recipes from nearly 80 years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):