• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Crawford, Stanwyck, and Gish are all favorites of mine as well. ;)

#17 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Crawford, Stanwyck, and Gish are all favorites of mine as well. ;)

You have excellent taste and, if I may say, sound judgement -- you've put the correct person first! Posted Image

#18 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

You have excellent taste and, if I may say, sound judgement -- you've put the correct person first! Posted Image

LOL - Yes! My first A on a quiz in many years.

There are so many others to mention from over the years: Katherine Hepburn (and Audrey), Deborah Kerr, Wendy Hiller...

#19 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

I picked up the best cookbook (more like a pamphlet, actually) from 1933 on e-Bay -- Betty Crocker's 101 Delicious Bisquick Creations As Made and Served by Well-Known Gracious Hostesses; Famous Chefs; Distinguished Epicures and Smart Luminaries of Movieland. Recipes include Mary Pickford's Strawberry Shortcake, Claudette Colbert's Peach Shortcake and Gloria Swanson's Cheese Bisquicks. I would like to know why Joan Crawford wasn't included, though. I'll bet Norma "screwing the boss" Shearer was behind this injustice!

In any event, this well-know gracious hostess enjoyed reading through these recipes from nearly 80 years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):