2 replies to this topic

#1 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,045 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Uhm Jae-ong and Hwang Hye-min of the Universal Ballet get spliced.

After their initial meeting, the two pursued their careers on the global scene. Hwang went to study ballet at Le Ballets de Monte Carlo while Uhm made his way to the United States. The two stood on the stage for the first time together in Paris in 2002 at the Gala Des Etoiles of the 21st century. According to the couple, this is where the two started developing feelings for one another.

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,045 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

A review of the Carreño Dance Festival's "Festival of Stars" by Carrie Seidman in The Herald-Tribune.

http://www.heraldtri...TICLE/120829703

Though they had been advertised on the bill for months, neither American Ballet Theatre's Misty Copeland nor San Francisco Ballet's Taras Dimitro was pictured in the program, and instead there was a line — curiously, not a last-minute insert — that said neither would perform "due to injury."

So despite the other enticements in store — Julie Kent of ABT, contemporary artist Rubinald Pronk, the festival's namesake, José Manuel Carreño and the advanced students from the festival's summer workshop — I was miffed before the program even began. Two and a half hours later, I left with mixed feelings; this was an uneven program of highs and lows and not enough of the former to erase my preconceived resentment.

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,045 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

Dancers and staff of the Minnesota Ballet compete in the Lake Superior Dragon Boat Festival.

The friendly competition pits about 100 teams against each other in 450-meter races in Superior Bay. The event is a fundraiser for youth-based organizations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):