This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Save Our Ballet: A Story of Hope During a Recession

My brother, Anton Ness, has written a book telling the story of how, in 1974, the San Francisco Ballet almost went bankrupt and disappeared. Five corps de ballet dancers began a movement (The SOB Campaign) that eventually saved the ballet for future generations of dancers and their audiences. It is a great story, and I'm so glad that a more detailed recounting of this moment in time has finally been written... It's available on Amazon and Kindle... I'm very proud of my brother for writing this book!

http://www.amazon.com/Save-Our-Ballet-During-Recession/dp/1478156112/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1344928267&sr=1-1&keywords=Save+Our+Ballet

When I clicked the "Surprise Me!" button, I was treated to a page with a wonderful photo of .... Anton and Gina Ness in the Snow Scene of Lew Christensen's Nutcracker. clapping.gif Looks like a fine book, too, and very relevant today, considering the difficult economic times for U.S. ballet companies. Thanks, Gina, for posting this.

"Surprise Me" selects a page, which could be random or algorith-driven: the photo might not come up by clicking it. Also, I got a message that I'd get a bigger sample by logging in. I'm not sure if Bart was logged in. If not, then the photo might not be in the smaller sample for users not logged in. If Bart wasn't logged in, there might be a greater chance of it being selected.