• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ivanov

ivanov

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

Kathryn Morgan made this post today on her FB page:

Hi Everyone. Many of you are wondering why I am no longer listed on NYC Ballet's website. Well, at this time, I have decided to leave the company to focus on some medical issues I am still dealing with. I have been battling them for awhile, and trying to be onstage and get well at the same time is just not working. I absolutely left of my own accord, knowing this was the best decision at this time. However, rest assured, my career is FAR from over! I just need to be 150% well before I attempt to get back onstage. To have a successful ballet career you need to be completely dedicated to the art. I cannot do that while I am still battling some health challenges. Thank you for ALL of your kind words. It means the world. I will still continue to post pictures/notes/and anything else I can. I PROMISE I will be back onstage in the future and plan on coming back better than ever!

I look forward to seeing her dancing again!

#2 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

It was a nice touch for her to mention that it was her decision to leave. That way she puts to rest any speculation that Martins forced her out. I hope she can come back, but more importantly I hope she and her doctors can resolve/treat her medical problems. Without your health, almost everything else in life is meaningless.

#3 AlbanyGirl

AlbanyGirl

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

I looked for Kathryn at SPAC this and last year and wondered why she didn't dance there two seasons in a row. Kathryn, the best of recoveries to you and I hope to see you dancing soon.

#4 AlbanyGirl

AlbanyGirl

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

I found this on the internet, in Kathryn's own words.

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=1]balletnews.co.uk/[/size][/font]new-york-city-ballet[font=arial, sans-serif][size=1]-soloist-[/size][/font]kathryn[font=arial, sans-serif][size=1]-[/size][/font]morgan[font=arial, sans-serif][size=1]-from-t...[/size][/font]

#5 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

Here is a link to a page on the Mobile Ballet - where Kathryn will be dancing this year. We wish her a good season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):