This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New web site for NYC Ballet

California, I found a link to a hopefully current pdf seating chart on the new website. When you go to the "Buy tickets" feature on a particular date, instead of clicking "Choose seats," click "Give me the best available seat." Once there, you will see at the top right, it says - faintly - "View Seating Chart." This opens the pdf seating chart. The reason I discovered this, you see, is that the "Choose seats" feature simply refused to load, so I was forced to go for the best available seats.

Thanks - I found it. It's the same as the one I saved in PDF last year.

WARNING: The seats on the new select-your-own-seat chart don't match the numbering on the "view seating chart". E.g., on select-your-own, in the first ring, AA7 and 11 are showing closest to the stage, but on the "view seating chart" they're the ones away from the stage. BIG problem. Which is correct???

California, I found a link to a hopefully current pdf seating chart on the new website. When you go to the "Buy tickets" feature on a particular date, instead of clicking "Choose seats," click "Give me the best available seat." Once there, you will see at the top right, it says - faintly - "View Seating Chart." This opens the pdf seating chart. The reason I discovered this, you see, is that the "Choose seats" feature simply refused to load, so I was forced to go for the best available seats.

Thanks - I found it. It's the same as the one I saved in PDF last year.

WARNING: The seats on the new select-your-own-seat chart don't match the numbering on the "view seating chart". E.g., on select-your-own, in the first ring, AA7 and 11 are showing closest to the stage, but on the "view seating chart" they're the ones away from the stage. BIG problem. Which is correct???

AA1,3,5 etc are farthest from the stage. The numbers get higher as you get closer to the stage.

Still no word about Society NYCB!! Not knowing if it will be continued, I don't know whether to buy single tickets or not... ?? I guess it's looking like it's NOT going to be renewed, but I really wish they would announce either way.

I received a renewal letter in the mail yesterday. Same pricing but you must renew by a certain date (sometime in Oct) to maintain your membership. It doesn't sound like they're planning to open it up to new members.

The seats on the new select-your-own-seat chart don't match the numbering on the "view seating chart". E.g., on select-your-own, in the first ring, AA7 and 11 are showing closest to the stage, but on the "view seating chart" they're the ones away from the stage. BIG problem. Which is correct???

AA1,3,5 etc are farthest from the stage. The numbers get higher as you get closer to the stage.

Thanks, but here's the numbering issue (and they still don't match as of just now when I checked again). In the first tier side, you have pairs of seats. The ones right by the railing have completely unobstructed views. The paired seat is an interior seat with assorted heads in front of you. On the PDF chart, seats 2-6-10-14, etc. are on the railing. The pairs for those seats (4-8-12-16, etc.) are the inside seats with heads in front. But when you look at the "select-your-own-seat chart, they're reversed. So 4-8-12-16, etc. are on the railing and 2-6-10-14, etc. are interior seats with heads in front. Big difference in price ($29 vs. $135) and big difference in sightlines. I'm amazed that this is the third full day when the select-your-own-seat charts have been selling single tickets and it's not yet fixed.

I received a renewal letter in the mail yesterday. Same pricing but you must renew by a certain date (sometime in Oct) to maintain your membership. It doesn't sound like they're planning to open it up to new members.

I'm glad to hear this, but I don't understand why the discount program isn't available to everyone, as it was in the past. Is there a better way to confirm the image of ballet as elitist, exclusive, only accessible to a chosen few, etc?