New web site for NYC Ballet

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 susanger

susanger

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Looks like it was just launched today. Looks great!

#2 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

Kathryn Morgan is no longer listed as a company member on the new site. If this is true, it is tragic. I didn't check for other missing names.

#3 SCchck

SCchck

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

It does look great! Other missing names are:

Callie Bachman, Stephanie Chrosniak, Vincent Paradiso, Shoshana Rosenfield, Stephanie Zungre.
The apprentices are now listed. That's so nice.
No new promotions....that leaves 2 female soloists
Noticed there are videos attached to some of the dancers when you click on their names.

#4 SCchck

SCchck

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

~ and Sam GreenburgPosted Image

#5 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

The new website does look great. I feel so sorry about Morgan. I hope she is able to continue her ballet career somewhere else in the future. She was wonderful.

Adam Hendrickson retired, as noted on a previous thread.

I'm surprised about Callie Bachman. Didn't Martins create R&J on her when she was at SAB? She had a lot of promise, but once she got into the company her career seemed to fizzle out.

#6 mira

mira

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Stephanie Chrosniak is listed. http://www.nycballet...rs-by-Rank.aspx The five dancers whose names are in black type are 1st year corps dancers. The newly appointed apprentices (from June 2012) are not listed.

#7 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

Does anyone know if the new website will have a Select Your Own Seats option, showing all available seats in each section and allowing a ticket purchaser to select particular seats (the way City Center, the Met Opera and Ticketmaster do)?

#8 Kathleen O'Connell

Kathleen O'Connell

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for the heads up, susanger! It looks like a real improvement in terms of both navigation and content. I like the fact that the repertory listing is accompanied by video clips, too, as well as a list of upcoming performance dates where relevant.

My only beef: why oh why must these sites insist on bombarding our browsers with all that annoying java scriptage ... ugh. Something like 32 scripts tried to load when I first clicked on the site. For those of us who either must or choose to routinely block scripts for security reasons, it's a real pain.

And I'm always sad to see names missing from the roster, even though after 30+ years of following the company you'd think I'd have grown used to it by now. It always feels like a friend -- or at least a friendly face -- has suddenly moved someplace far away before I could say goodbye.

#9 Kathleen O'Connell

Kathleen O'Connell

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

It does look great! Other missing names are ...

Hmmm ... it looks as if some of the repertory is missing as well. Um, where have "Dances at a Gathering," "In the Night," "Divertimento No. 15," and "Scotch Symphony" gone?

#10 SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

I believe that we're catching the changes as they are updating the site information. There is a lot of newness going on. Nice, very nice so far.

#11 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

On the old site, I found a PDF file with the entire season for 2012-13. I can't find that back on the new one. (Fortunately, I saved the old file on my computer!) Has anyone discovered where it is?

That overview is a nice way for out-of-towners to plan trips to see favorite ballets, but it would be nice to be able to check back before buying any tickets to see if anything has changed.

(I find much of the type very small and very hard to read against the varying background colors. Pale blue type against medium blue background? I could change the settings on my browser, but that shouldn't be necessary.)

#12 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

California, the pdf for the upcoming season is on the website, but it's harder to locate. I think I clicked on the subscribe option, and eventually came upon the pdf link.

#13 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

California, the pdf for the upcoming season is on the website, but it's harder to locate. I think I clicked on the subscribe option, and eventually came upon the pdf link.

Thanks - I just found it on this page, under "review your performances":

http://www.nycballet...scriptions.aspx

#14 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

Does anyone know if the new website will have a Select Your Own Seats option, showing all available seats in each section and allowing a ticket purchaser to select particular seats (the way City Center, the Met Opera and Ticketmaster do)?

I found a promising hint on the new web site:
http://www.nycballet...scriptions.aspx

As of September 5, you may place your order and select your own seats for Create-You[sic]-Own Series online.

Single tickets go on sale Monday, August 6, so we'll find out then if you can select your own seats for those, too. That would be such a huge improvement from the old system!

Doesn't it seem odd that Create-You[sic]-Own has to wait almost a month after single tickets go on sale?

#15 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

I paid for my Standard Subscription back in June, and I'm still waiting for those tickets. I don't expect to receive those tickets until late August or early September, which is what occurred last year. (That is one reason among many that I significantly cut back on my subscriptions at NYCB.) I called the subscription office earlier this week to find out my seat assignment for my Standard Series, and gave my subscriber ID number. After a few minutes on hold, I was told that the information was not available. The administration over there is pretty terrible. Since the box office is opening in a few days, isn't it reasonable to assume that someone who paid for a subscription in June would have already been assigned a seat? They may be waiting to offer the pick your own seat option for Create Your Own subscribers in order to give themselves enough time to mail out subscriber tickets to people who paid for them months ago. Of course, this doesn't explain why single ticket purchasers are able to buy their tickets weeks before subscribers receive their subscription tickets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):