This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Metamorphosis: Titian 2012

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mashinka

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

I'm interested in the opinions of anyone who saw this programme, Leonid? Simon G?

The reviews I've read were I thought overly kind, but some lengthier insight by someone with a better grip on what it was all supposed to be about would be appreciated. Only the final work, Diana and Acteon, (least good in my view) was clearly inspired by a Titian painting and perhaps the opening work Machina, could be a nod to Ovid at a stretch - and by the way does anyone know the cost of that robot contraption that bestraddled the stage? I imagine the services of Imperial College's engineering department didn't come cheap. I enjoyed the middle work, Trespass, the best with its quotes from Soviet ballet but couldn't see a Titian or Ovid link at all.

Great Britain is in the middle of a severe austerity drive with many people down to one meal a day, unable to afford to heat their homes and forced to go to loan sharks that charge them 1,700 APR, in such a climate of belt tightening how miraculous it is to discover the RB still has access to unlimited funds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):