This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Metamorphosis: Titian 2012

I'm interested in the opinions of anyone who saw this programme, Leonid? Simon G?

The reviews I've read were I thought overly kind, but some lengthier insight by someone with a better grip on what it was all supposed to be about would be appreciated. Only the final work, Diana and Acteon, (least good in my view) was clearly inspired by a Titian painting and perhaps the opening work Machina, could be a nod to Ovid at a stretch - and by the way does anyone know the cost of that robot contraption that bestraddled the stage? I imagine the services of Imperial College's engineering department didn't come cheap. I enjoyed the middle work, Trespass, the best with its quotes from Soviet ballet but couldn't see a Titian or Ovid link at all.

Great Britain is in the middle of a severe austerity drive with many people down to one meal a day, unable to afford to heat their homes and forced to go to loan sharks that charge them 1,700 APR, in such a climate of belt tightening how miraculous it is to discover the RB still has access to unlimited funds.