This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2012-13 touring

Since the company is going to be coming through Seattle later this autumn I was rummaging around on their website to get a feeling for possible repertory. This is what I found

New choreography: Helen Pickett, Robert Garland, John Alleyne, Donald Byrd, Francesca Harper, Tanya Wideman and Thaddeus Davis

New to DTH: The Lark Ascending (Alvin Ailey), Glinka Pas de Trois (George Balanchine)

Continuing repertory: Agon (Balanchine), Concerto Barocco (Balanchine), New Bach (Robert Garland), Return (Robert Garland), Dialogues (Glen Tetley)

(Garland has been their resident choreographer, and the website implies he's continuing that post)

I'm curious now to know who else has been performing the Glinka. And I'm sorry that I don't see The Beloved (Lester Horton) on the list -- it's a great dramatic duet, and the company did a wonderful job with it. Is it perhaps too dated with its theme of violence against women?