• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

This was just announced. It says he will remain as a principal with ABT (whew). He will do Giselle on September 13 and 15.

http://english.ruvr....incipal-dancer/

The Mikhailovsky web site has a longer announcement:
http://www.mikhailov...rincipal-dancer

If you click over to their "playbill" page, he is doing Giselle with Semionova on September 13 & 15. I notice that Osipova and Vasiliev will be doing Giselle on September 14.

#2 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

...he is doing Giselle with Semionova on September 13 & 15. I notice that Osipova and Vasiliev will be doing Giselle on September 14.

Quite a competition...!

#3 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

Are these companies basically merging? Or at war?? Are we to expect an all-Duato bill at the Met in the future? Posted Image

#4 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

There's an odd ballet representation conglomerate brewing: Ardani-Kekhman-ABT-Mariinsky-Vaganova. One big cartel with several branches. Hopefully the people I care about the most -- the dancers -- benefit economically without selling their souls to cheesy projects. Kekhman and Duato attended the Vaganova Academy exercises this year, sitting front-row center with the evaluators. I didn't see Mckenzie in the photos but there may have been an ABT rep there (?).

#5 Batsuchan

Batsuchan

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

Well, congrats to Marcelo, I guess! I'm very glad he won't be leaving ABT!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):