This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ethan Stiefel's Retirement Performance

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Batsuchan

Batsuchan

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hmm, I don't think I saw this posted anywhere, but ABT has a gallery devoted to Angel and Ethan photos, in honor of their farewells:
http://www.abt.org/g...?Gallery_ID=117

#17 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

But I was also wondering about the notable absences--where was Veronika Part (again?)?

She never shows. She was MIA for the Carreno and Corella farewells as well.

She was in attendance at the company's farewell party Sunday night.

#18 theo

theo

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

Hmm, I don't think I saw this posted anywhere, but ABT has a gallery devoted to Angel and Ethan photos, in honor of their farewells:
http://www.abt.org/g...?Gallery_ID=117

#19 theo

theo

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

Hi Batsuchan

Sorry for the double post. I'm lousy with the "quote" thing. I'm wondering how you were able to get to the "Fond Farewells" gallery on ABT's website? I can get to the gallery via the link you've included but I can't get to it any other way?!

#20 Golden Idol

Golden Idol

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

Re: Golladay - Do you know why he's retiring? Is Tobin leaving ABT, too? And on a sort of related point, does anyone know what became of Carlos Lopez? His leavetaking last year (or was it the year before?) caught me by surprise.

#21 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,330 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

The action of giving dancers who otherwise wouldn't take solo bows or sharing a bow that otherwise wouldn't be shared is standard ballet-speak for a dancer leaving a company.

We'll wait for official news of their next steps.

#22 little-junkie

little-junkie

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hi Batsuchan

Sorry for the double post. I'm lousy with the "quote" thing. I'm wondering how you were able to get to the "Fond Farewells" gallery on ABT's website? I can get to the gallery via the link you've included but I can't get to it any other way?!

Hi theo, I also got the same link from the most recent ABT's Pointe of View newsletter. Not sure if that's the only place ABT gave out the link...

#23 theo

theo

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Thanks little-junkie!

#24 Batsuchan

Batsuchan

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hi Batsuchan

Hi theo, I also got the same link from the most recent ABT's Pointe of View newsletter. Not sure if that's the only place ABT gave out the link...

Hi theo - I actually came across the link randomly while browsing photos on Pinterest, but I'm guessing that the poster got it from that newsletter. ;)

#25 theo

theo

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

Thanks Batsuchan. I've never been to that website before. I'm going to check it out!

#26 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

LaKarsavina has just posted three more YouTube clips of the bows at Stiefel's Retirement Performance:

#27 onxmyxtoes

onxmyxtoes

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Hi Batsuchan Sorry for the double post. I'm lousy with the "quote" thing. I'm wondering how you were able to get to the "Fond Farewells" gallery on ABT's website? I can get to the gallery via the link you've included but I can't get to it any other way?!

I saw it on their facebook page, I believe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):