This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ethan Stiefel's Retirement Performance

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Batsuchan

Batsuchan

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hmm, I don't think I saw this posted anywhere, but ABT has a gallery devoted to Angel and Ethan photos, in honor of their farewells:
http://www.abt.org/g...?Gallery_ID=117

#17 Marga

Marga

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

But I was also wondering about the notable absences--where was Veronika Part (again?)?

She never shows. She was MIA for the Carreno and Corella farewells as well.

She was in attendance at the company's farewell party Sunday night.

#18 theo

theo

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

Hmm, I don't think I saw this posted anywhere, but ABT has a gallery devoted to Angel and Ethan photos, in honor of their farewells:
http://www.abt.org/g...?Gallery_ID=117

#19 theo

theo

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

Hi Batsuchan

Sorry for the double post. I'm lousy with the "quote" thing. I'm wondering how you were able to get to the "Fond Farewells" gallery on ABT's website? I can get to the gallery via the link you've included but I can't get to it any other way?!

#20 Golden Idol

Golden Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

Re: Golladay - Do you know why he's retiring? Is Tobin leaving ABT, too? And on a sort of related point, does anyone know what became of Carlos Lopez? His leavetaking last year (or was it the year before?) caught me by surprise.

#21 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

The action of giving dancers who otherwise wouldn't take solo bows or sharing a bow that otherwise wouldn't be shared is standard ballet-speak for a dancer leaving a company.

We'll wait for official news of their next steps.

#22 little-junkie

little-junkie

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hi Batsuchan

Sorry for the double post. I'm lousy with the "quote" thing. I'm wondering how you were able to get to the "Fond Farewells" gallery on ABT's website? I can get to the gallery via the link you've included but I can't get to it any other way?!

Hi theo, I also got the same link from the most recent ABT's Pointe of View newsletter. Not sure if that's the only place ABT gave out the link...

#23 theo

theo

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Thanks little-junkie!

#24 Batsuchan

Batsuchan

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hi Batsuchan

Hi theo, I also got the same link from the most recent ABT's Pointe of View newsletter. Not sure if that's the only place ABT gave out the link...

Hi theo - I actually came across the link randomly while browsing photos on Pinterest, but I'm guessing that the poster got it from that newsletter. ;)

#25 theo

theo

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

Thanks Batsuchan. I've never been to that website before. I'm going to check it out!

#26 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

LaKarsavina has just posted three more YouTube clips of the bows at Stiefel's Retirement Performance:

#27 onxmyxtoes

onxmyxtoes

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Hi Batsuchan Sorry for the double post. I'm lousy with the "quote" thing. I'm wondering how you were able to get to the "Fond Farewells" gallery on ABT's website? I can get to the gallery via the link you've included but I can't get to it any other way?!

I saw it on their facebook page, I believe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):