This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Marie-Agnès Gillot to Debut as Choreographer for Paris Opera BalletDebut choreography at Paris Opera Ballet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

FYI: I metioned this previously on BalletCo...

Paris Opera Ballet étoile Marie-Agnès Gillot is preparing her first choreographed piece for the POB (2013). Looks to be part of a Cunninghman tribute. There is video (in French) announcing this at:

I don't happen to speak French so I'm not sure of the details. She has done some short modern pieces for outside projects, but I believe this would be her first full length project for the POB. Note that Marie-Agnès Gillot was the first dancer in the history of the Paris Opera Ballet to be made an Etoile not at the end of a traditional ballet, but after a modern dance performance. Seems to me that it is unusual for a female étoile to create a dance at the POB (especially while still on the active roster). Hopefully this goes well for her. I imagine the POB wouldn't even be chancing this project unless the intial work looked promising.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):