• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

Thank you Alymer, for the latest info, was spoerli version produced at the Paris Opera? and do you know when please. Benesh is a fairly recent developement, and I can remember it from the 1950 - 60's as I started to study it.. I am pretty sure they would have also done Sir Fred's version possibly with Faith Worth. Are there older ballets in their achives then please?

#62 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

Balachova danced the Gorsky/Hertel version as back as 1922 in Paris, partenered by Smolzoff, in a special gala held to bennefit the victims of famine in Russia. In 1985 Claude Bessy also staged the Gorsky/Hertel version after D. Romanoff for the ecole de danse. The leads were danced by Laetitia Pujol and Jeremie Belingard.

#63 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Balachova danced the Gorsky/Hertel version as back as 1922 in Paris, partenered by Smolzoff, in a special gala held to bennefit the victims of famine in Russia. In 1985 Claude Bessy also staged the Gorsky/Hertel version after D. Romanoff for the ecole de danse. The leads were danced by Laetitia Pujol and Jeremie Belingard.

Thats great... so my friend Jeremie Belingard danced Colas for the school perfortmance, I must ask him about it. As he has danced the Sir Fred version as well, it would be interesting to hear his comments.

#64 Estelle

Estelle

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

As far as I know, the Spoerli version was staged at the Paris Opera in 1981, with (as the first cast) Noëlla Pontois (Lise), Cyril Atanassoff (Colas), Patrick Dupond (Alain), and Georges Piletta (Widow Simone)n but that version was never danced again at the Paris Opera during the following seasons. In 1987, they danced Joseph Lazzini's version (by the way, J. Lazzini passed away recently), with new casts (especially Manuel Legris and Françoise Legrée).

Alymer, the Cramer version after Dauberval will be performed next season by the Ballet du Capitole de Toulouse. It had been staged at first for the Ballet de Nantes (a company which doesn't exist any longer :-( ) in 1989, then in 1993 for the Ballet du Rhin (a company which became mostly a modern dance/ crossover company...) That production was a joint work with Jean-Paul Gravier (former director of the Ballet de Nantes, then the Ballet du Rhin). I once saw an excerpt of it during an open rehearsal of the Ballet du Rhin in Grenoble around 1993 or 1994, and have always regretted since then not having the opportunity to see the full ballet !

#65 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:58 AM

Thats great... so my friend Jeremie Belingard danced Colas for the school perfortmance, I must ask him about it. As he has danced the Sir Fred version as well, it would be interesting to hear his comments.

When and where Bélingard danced Ashton version up to you? Can't remember seeing him in it in Paris.

#66 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

When and where Bélingard danced Ashton version up to you? Can't remember seeing him in it in Paris.

1985, in a school version by Claud Bessy, but not the Ashton one. But I thought he had danced the Ashton one, during a run over the last sessions. But maybe he was cast but got injured and it did not happen. I will ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):