This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Cubanmiamiboy, Paris, La Fille Mal Gardee. 07/13

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

Voila, off to Paris tonight for a well deserved vacation..!! yaaaaaay!!! Posted Image Needless to say, a visit to the Palais Garnier is de rigueur. I have tickets for 07/13, to see Ashton's Fille-(which I've never seen live, BTW...). I'm taking with me my best friend and my mom, and for those who are familiar with all the issues that my mother went thru a while ago, you know well this will be our grand celebration of life, so again, thank you for all your prayers and good wishes. My mom-(a silent BT'r)-is certainly grateful. Posted Image

See ya...!! Posted Image

#2 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

Have a wonderful time. Safe travels.

#3 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Have a wonderful time. I think you will love the Palais Garnier especially.

#4 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,407 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

Have a wonderful time with your Mom and best friend. I can't wait to hear you tell us about it!

#5 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• 7,320 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

A "grand celebration of life" !!!! Maravilloso. Ballet is a great way to celebrate life, as you and your mother know so well. What lovelier place to celebrate all this than the Garnier with something so lovely and lighthearted. Wishing you all the best. Don't forget to report all the details.

#6 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Bon voyage, cubanmiamiboy (et famille) !!!
Paris is a celebration of life. Enjoy every bit of it.

#7 MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Bon voyage, Cristian! Have a terrific time with your Mom and best friend in La Ville-Lumiere. Looking forward to your report on Fille.

#8 Bonnette

Bonnette

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Blessings to you, your mother and friend!

#9 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:25 AM

Cubanmiamiboy, this is wonderful news. I hope that you & your dear mom delight in the wonders of Paris. I, too, look forward to your reports!!!

#10 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,272 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Finally reporting from this unbelievable place after some connexion issues! Oh, Lord...words CAN NOT explain all I've felt while discovering every single place of this city. Notre Dame, Pere Lachaise, the Arch du Triumph, the Tuileries gardens, la Madeleine-(where I will be going to see Mozart's Coronation Mass and Cherubini's Requiem tonight)-,Saint-Severine, the charming Le Marais-(where we're staying), the wonderful, romantic Seine, the looooong days-(still sunny at 9 pm!)-and many many other places. Every night there's a concert...coffee at any little corner caffe, the drop dead gorgeous French uber-fashionistas..(the little black dress in every form and design at all hours). En fin...such a chic country.
Last night we went to see Woody Allen's "To Rome with Love" at a lovely mid-century cinema, AND...I'm happy to report that there was NO ONE eating anything at all during the screening...no annoying pop-corn, candy wrappers or soda-sucking noise whatsoever during the whole thing. Even before the film started, during commercials, people were talking very low and softly. And then, the omnipresent cigarette EVERYWHERE. 99 % of the population smokes everywhere...at caffes, plazas, clubs, etc...Wherever there's a table and people seated, coffee, a little drink and cigarettes are de rigueur, and to be honest...it has never bothered me at all...people seem so alive and happy and enjoying each other's company...people really know how to have a great time talking and laughing and getting together at all times, night and day. The city never sleeps. It looks to me as if they eat at all, it is usually little cute salads, some fancy dessert and lots of wine and cigarettes. Actually I've never seen anything like our huge super-markets. In general people look very slim and elegant.
Anyway...thank you all for your best wishes. My mom is in heaven, seeing for the first time in front of her all those sites she has spoke about for many years-(she was a college History of Art teacher back in Cuba), and me...GOING CRAZY WITH ALL THAT FASHION!! Posted Image
The Garnier is certainly beautiful. I haven't seen it inside yet, but I'm sure it won't disappoint me. La Bastille Opera House, on the contrary, didn't click on me...it reminds me of our cold, contemporary Arsht Center, which I despise.
Well...off to La Madeleine now. Will be back with more, and again..THANK YOU for all your words.

Aur revoir! Posted Image

#11 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Hope you're having the time of your life, Cristian! I was in Paris with my family when I was 16 or 17 and loved it, but the memories are like yesterday.

Don't you dare go see La Fille Mal Gardee!!!!! (This is a joke between us)!

#12 MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

So glad you're having a fantastic time, Cristian! I've visited Paris once in 1995 for a whirlwind 3 days and, like Birdsall, the memories are like yesterday.
The Parisians were so nice and appreciated my French.

#13 Bonnette

Bonnette

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

It sounds absolutely heavenly! So glad that Paris has met and exceeded your hopes and expectations. Your description makes me long - even more than usual - to go there.

#14 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Wow wonderful to hear your report! Glad to hear you are having such a great time!

#15 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Merci beaucoup, L'Hommecubaindemiami!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):