This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Joy Feldman Ludlow

Here is a link to an obit for Ms. Ludlow, from the Salt Lake Tribune:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saltlaketribune/obituary.aspx?n=joy-feldman-ludlow&pid=158045461

...and a brief quote:

1937 ~ 2012

Passion, a word not nearly powerful enough, helps describe Joy's dedication to classic ballet. Her career began with the legendary George Balanchine when she was a 16-year-old dancer with the New York City Ballet ("Symphony in C," "Swan Lake," "Firebird," and many others). It continued with nearly four decades of teaching aspiring young dancers in a score of schools. She was founder, manager or director (or all three) in local and regional companies from Oklahoma to California to Utah.

Joy Feldman Ludlow died Saturday night (June 9, 2012) in her home in Salt Lake City, surrounded and embraced by her loved ones. She hadn't smoked in 25 years, but the cause of death was lung cancer. She was 75.

More sad news. Rest in peace, Mrs. Ludlow.

Joy was so special. I was the recipient of her (and Conrad's) incredible hospitality (and wonderful cooking) for a number of years. My heart goes out to Conrad. Fortunately, he has the most wonderful children (and grandchildren).

I always remember Joseph Mazo's lines about Conrad Ludlow, "At his age, Conrad knows what he needs, what he can do, and what makes him happy. He works, enjoys it, and goes home to his family." After reading about what a gentleman he was, I always hoped that he had a great family, and I'm sorry it took the death of his wife to get confirmation that he did.