This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Copeland injury

Via Facebook and Twitter (yeah I'm on Twitter) I understand that Copeland is out for rest of season w. injury: I found the following on her Facebook fan page:

"Misty has asked that I convey a message on her behalf. It gives her great sadness that due to an injury, she is unable to complete the remainder of her Metropolitan Opera House Performance Season. It is very important to her to make sure that any of her fans who purchased tickets specifically to see her are aware that she won’t be performing. She expresses her deep appreciation and gratitude for your unending loyalty and support."

Planned to see her (and others) in Firebird this weekend and am very disappointed...Of course I am accustomed to the vagaries of dancers' injuries/illnesses and what they mean for casting, but it's still a bummer.

Anyway, best thoughts to Copeland for a full recovery.

(I will say that when I made my plans to come to NY this weekend, my feeling was that three performances of The Dream would be a win-win-win proposition whatever happened w. Firebird and even whatever happened w. casting--not to tempt the ballet gods or anything. I'm very eager to see Hallberg-Murphy in the Dream to say nothing of Cornejo.)

Drew - 3 performances this weekend! You were just there - I know, I met you on May 24. Enjoy. I"m headed back that way on July 4 to catch the July 5 Le Corsaire, take the train to DC for the Paris Opera Ballet's Giselle at the Kennedy Center on the 7th before flying home. Then back to work - darn, this working full time and not being the recipient of a major trust fund is starting to interfere with my ballet recreation plans!

darn, this working full time and not being the recipient of a major trust fund is starting to interfere with my ballet recreation plans!

Work, in fact, will prevent me from seeing any Paris Opera Ballet performances much to my great distress!

I wanted to return this week to see both the new Ratmansky Firebird and The Dream (one of my favorite ballets but not one i have seen that often); several of the scheduled dancers interested me as well -- Copeland among them.

ABT has updated the casting on its internet site. Based on Copeland's injury, Osipova will now be doing both performances of Firebird on Sat June 23. Osipova is also doing her previously scheduled performance of Firebird on June 21. Boylston remains in her previously scheduled Firebird on June 22.

No info on Copeland's replacement as Gulnare during the Corsaire run.