This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Myriam Ould Braham is Etoile!

A friend from Paris just Skyped me with the happy news that Myriam Ould Braham was named Etoile following tonight's performance of Ashton's Fille Mal Gardee!

The POB roster has not yet caught up to this news. Here is her bio, as it stands (still showing her as Premiere Danseuse):

http://www.operadepa...Ould_Braham.php

Just like Kondaurova and Obraztsova in Russia, this promo has been long-hoped by balletomanes around the globe. Congratulations on this well-deserved promo...and just in time for the USA tour! smile.png

I saw Marie-Agnes Gillot dance the role of Myrtha in Paris about three years ago, and she tore out of the wings and flew over the stage like the proverbial bat out of hell, a wili on the warpath if there ever was one. If you have the opportunity to see her in this role, I highly recommend that you do so. She will also be dancing Bolero in New York, and I'm going to see her in that as well. One can never get enough of her.