This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Nicholas Ade to Become School Principal for Central Pennsylvania Youth

We just received the following press release:

Pacific Northwest Ballet School’s Nicholas Ade hired as School Principal for Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet

SEATTLE, WA — Pacific Northwest Ballet School director Peter Boal announced today that PNB’s Eastside School principal, Nicholas Ade, has accepted the newly-created position of School Principal for Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet (CPYB). Mr. Ade, who formerly danced in the PNB corps de ballet, will assume his position with CPYB in September, 2012.

“Nick has been an integral part of Pacific Northwest Ballet for the past 16 years as a dancer, teacher, School Principal and so much more,” said Mr. Boal in his announcement. “We are all proud of him as he takes this next step in his career to join the incredible team of individuals with Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet. He brings with him a gift for thoughtful instruction, an exemplary work ethic and an unwavering quest to achieve what is best for a School and its students. Congratulations to CPYB on this wonderful appointment. We wish you and Nick all the best.”

Nicholas Adejoined PNB as a company member in 1996. He trained at San Francisco Ballet and the University of North Carolina School of the Arts, and attended summer courses at School of American Ballet, Houston Ballet School and Boston Ballet School. He began teaching in the School in 2005, teaching Men’s Division and Open Program classes, and was promoted to Principal of the Francia Russell Center, PNB’s Eastside school in Bellevue, Washington, the following year. Mr. Ade is from Los Angeles, California.

Established in 1955 by Founding Artistic Director Marcia Dale Weary, Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet is a nationally and internationally recognized school of classical ballet headquartered in the vibrant historical community of Carlisle, Pa. Several PNB dancers have trained at CPYB, including current company members Carrie Imler, Leta Biasucci and Carli Samuelson, and former company members Noelani Pantastico (now with Les Ballets de Monte Carlo) and Kara Zimmerman (now with the Joffrey Ballet).

Mr. Ade is currently supervising the choreographers in PNB’s upcoming NEXT STEP showcase (June 16) and will continue to teach at PNB School through the Summer Course (July 9 – August 10).

“While I am overwhelmingly excited about this new chapter for my family and my career, I will never close the door on the relationships I have formed during my 16 years here at Pacific Northwest Ballet,” said Mr. Ade. “I leave PNB with only the best memories and experiences, of cherished performances onstage and rewarding work with students in the studios. Having taught at Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet for many years, I know that this is a place where I will feel at home both artistically and philosophically. CPYB shares the same intense desire for excellence that I have come to appreciate at PNB, and I look forward to the prospect of contributing to a new group of students and guiding them to their individual successes. I am so grateful for every opportunity that PNB, Peter Boal, Francia Russell and Kent Stowell have ever given me as a dancer and Principal, and I am equally grateful to CPYB and Marcia Dale Weary for allowing me to continue my growth as a contributor to this beautiful art form.”

“As sad as we are to see him go, this is a wonderful new chapter in Nick’s career,” said Denise Bolstad, PNB School’s administrative director. “Nick’s leadership and insight will be dearly missed around our studios, but this is a good time for him to take this next big step in his career and we are thrilled that he will be bringing his talents to such a great ballet school as CPYB.”

ABOUT NICHOLAS ADE

Nicholas Ade is from Los Angeles, Ca. He trained at San Francisco Ballet School and The University of North Carolina School of the Arts. He danced with Pacific Northwest Ballet from 1996-2006 under Francia Russell, Kent Stowell and Peter Boal. While with PNB, Ade performed leading roles in George Balanchine's The Four Temperaments and A Midsummer Night's Dream; Ronald Hynd's The Merry Widow; and Kent Stowell's The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet. He has also been featured in Balanchine's La Valse, Prodigal Son, Symphony in C, Symphony in Three Movements, and Who Cares?; and Peter Martins' Fearful Symmetries. He originated featured roles in Val Caniparoli's Torque and Nicolo Fonte's Almost Tango and Within/Without.

Since 2006, Ade has been principal of the Pacific Northwest Ballet School’s Francia Russell Center under Artistic Director Peter Boal. Ade also teaches at Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet and serves as permanent guest faculty at Ballet Academy East in New York City under Darla Hoover and Julia Dubno. He has also taught throughout Europe and North America, including the Iliev Foundation in Bulgaria. Ade has also taught at Tri-Cities Academy of Ballet, Utah Regional Ballet, and the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. He also has been on faculty at several national and regional festivals for Regional Dance America (RDA). Ade’s relationship with RDA has also extended into adjudicating in 2010; as well as serving as host to the Craft of Choreography Conference (CCC) and Summer Intensive from 2007-2009 and has been on the faculty of the CCC from 2004 through 2009. He has served as host of PNB's Eyes on Dance and Discover Dance outreach performances and has been Project Coordinator for PNB's NEXT STEP choreographers' showcase since 2005.

ABOUT CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA YOUTH BALLET

Since 1955, Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet (CPYB) has grown from a small, local dance studio into a sprawling 10-studio facility with studios in Carlisle and Lemoyne. More than 20,000 students have passed through the esteemed institution. Currently more than 70 alumni occupy positions in highly regarded ballet companies such as American Ballet Theatre, Boston Ballet, New York City Ballet, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Pennsylvania Ballet, and San Francisco, to name only a few.

Under the guidance of Founding Artistic Director Marcia Dale Weary, CPYB provides exceptional dance training for beginning to pre-professional dancers and enhances the cultural climate of the Central Pennsylvania region through ballet performances.

In addition to the Primary and Pre-Professional ballet programs, CPYB’s Preschool Division offers Mommy & Me, Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet, and Pre-Tap for children ages 2 to 6. The Open Program offers training for adult students age 13 and up in various dance disciplines such as Hip Hop, Pilates, ballet and tap.

Ms. Weary began producing full-length ballets in the 1960s at the local Carlisle high school auditorium with a handful of loyal dance enthusiasts. Today more than 12,000 patrons annually enjoy CPYB’s performances. As the Resident Ballet Company of Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts in Harrisburg, CPYB's season includes both classical and contemporary performances in the fall, winter, spring, and in June. CPYB is honored as the only pre-professional company in the country licensed to perform George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker™.

Unrivaled among ballet schools not affiliated with a major professional company, CPYB continually produces dancers for the top companies in the world. Others have continued on in dance-related fields such as ballet teaching and arts administration.

Joseph Carman, dance critic for The New York Times, wrote, “London, Paris, St. Petersburg, and New York are well known for their first-rate ballet academies, training many of the best dancers in the classical form. Add to that list Carlisle, PA, a town with fewer than 20,000 people and a modest economy driven by state government jobs and the defense industry….Marcia Dale Weary and her Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet have produced dancers well known in the ballet world.”

CPYB was featured on the cover of Dance Teacher Magazine. In the article, titled Marcia’s Magic, Kristin Lewis wrote, “She produces students who have the whole package—attention to detail, early technical development and a broad socialization into the arts. It seems a given that companies nationwide will continue to be stocked with her dancers for many years to come.”

To learn more about Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet, visit cpyb.org.