This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Scheller and Krohn Promoted to Principal Dancer

Thanks to a heads up, I learned that Ana Sophia Scheller and Rebecca Krohn were promoted to Principal Dancer: here is the tweet from NYCB:

Happy to announce that Rebecca Krohn and Ana Sophia Sceller have been promoted to Principal! Congrats ladies!

:flowers: to Ms. Scheller and Ms. Krohn :flowers:

What happy news! Krohn was a stand-out in Kammermusik and I've admired Scheller for years now, most recently in Tchai pdd and Russian Seasons.

Hopefully there'll be some propos from corps to soloist soon. I keep waiting for Lauren King's promo to Soloist. Ditto Taylor Stanley, Justin Peck, Brittany Pollack, Georgina Pazcoguin. We can only hope. :)

Hopefully there'll be some propos from corps to soloist soon. I keep waiting for Lauren King's promo to Soloist. Ditto Taylor Stanley, Justin Peck, Brittany Pollack, Georgina Pazcoguin. We can only hope. smile.png

Taylor Stanley!!! And Lauren King and Lauren Lovette (who was wonderful in her solo in Les Carillons on Sunday).

I think Adrian Daching Waring deserves a promotion to principal. He may need to prove himself a bit more to Martins due to his long absence due to injury. However, he is performing numerous principal roles and he is an excellent dancer.

Also, Krohn joined the corps in 1999. To my recollection, this may be the longest period of time for someone at NYCB to rise from corps to principal. I think it has taken a few people 10 years. If memory serves, it took Ringer and Alexopolous 10 years.

I totally agree with the other names suggested. Abbatt, you are right about Ringer. The final promo to Principal (from Soloist) took a very long time, although I believe that she took time off in the mid- to late-1990w due to health, schooling, etc.

I'm hoping for a Lauren King promotion. When you look at the female side the soloists you can see something should happen

Rebeccah Krohn - promoted

Savannah Lowery

Kathryn Morgan - out for medical reasons

Erica Pereira

Ana Sophia Scheller - promoted

That means 2 female soloists who are healthy.

If memory serves, it took Ringer and Alexopolous 10 years.
Don't forget, before her promotion, Ringer was away from the company for over a year, until she was persuaded by James Fayette (not yet her husband) that her future lay there. If I recall, Judith Fugate and Nichol Hlinka, who both lost a couple years to illness/injury, were each promoted to principal 9-10 years after joining NYCB.

A lot of things can delay promotion, including no room at the top. I hope these promotions don't mean anyone is planning to retire. The roster of women principals is an embarrassment of riches right now. I'd hate to see anyone leave.

That being said, congratulations to the Misses Scheller and Krohn, may they have long and fulfilling careers!