This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Carlos Acosta to choreograph for the Royal Ballet

Rosa

Oh wow...a Cuban staging of a Russian ballet based in a Spanish novel to be premiered by such venerable British company...? I feel honored...GO, CARLITOS, GO!!
yahoo.gif

Well, there's the Russian re-staging of the Russian ballet based on a Spanish novel for a Dutch company that got re-staged for an American company (Ratmansky's Don Q, performed by Pacific Northwest Ballet this year...)

I wish him the very best of luck. The Royal Ballet has a difficult history with this ballet and although I won't use the word jinxed, it is fair to say that RB and Don Q. don't exactly make a happy marriage. Casting will prove a problem I'm afraid but perhaps Acosta may be able to prevail upon Tamara Rojo to allow his nephew Yonah some leave from ENB to guest (as first cast please, Mr Acosta) as after seeing him dance those Don Q. solos that won him the title of ENB Emerging Dancer I'm positively aching to see him in the complete ballet.