• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

A preview of Cincinnati Ballet in 'The Princess and the Pea' and 'The Steadfast Tin Soldier' by David Lyman in The Cincinnati Enquirer.

There is still plenty of humor, mind you, especially in "Princess and the Pea," which has become something of an audience favorite since Morgan created it in 1998. It's filled with choreographic sight-gags and cartoon-y sets and costumes.

But in her first original work for the company, Morgan was unwilling to create a ballet that didn't also satisfy the choreographic appetites of the company's more serious ballet lovers. The result is a ballet in which the levity and slapstick theatrics are balanced by a generous dose of the rapid-fire, George Balanchine-influenced choreography that has become a hallmark of Morgan's work.

#2 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Clement Crisp reviews the Royal Ballet of Flanders:

http://www.ft.com/in...l#axzz1snBppYCe

Over the years I have been tempted to think of William Forsythe as a choreographer in spite of himself. I have watched his creations from his 1976 beginnings in Stuttgart, and even at what I think his most exasperating, most politically windy, there have been passages of dance so feat, so elegant, that I have felt “all is forgiven”.

#3 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

Dancer Michaela DePrince will appear on DWTS:

http://www.philly.co...WTS_rsquo_.html

The 17-year-old dancer — born in Sierra Leone and raised in Cherry Hill — appears in the April issue of Marie Claire and will be the subject of a spread in a forthcoming Teen Vogue...And on Tuesday night, she’ll appear on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars, performing a pas de deux with Adé Chiké Torbert — who came in fourth in the seventh season of So You Think You Can Dance — as British pop star Natasha Bedingfield sings “Wild Horses.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):