61 replies to this topic

#46 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

carbro, that must be why I'm confused. I never sit that far down, so I didn't realize it was Grand Tier, not Parterre Posted Image .

I'm going to miss you all!

#47 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Thanks, Bart. The Grand Tier (level with the reclining nude) over to the right side in Cabro's pic sounds great.

The statue is actually ON the staircase, where the two sides converge before the final climb to the GT level. It is probably the worst possible spot in the whole house to meet. It will impede everyone using the staircase.

The Grand Tier is really THE intermission destination for viewers on several levels -- it has two bars that also serve light bites, and the Patrons' Lounge is on that level. It can be a madhouse. On the other hand, no one GOES to the Parterre as an intermission destination, so it will be much calmer. If you're nervous, just ask the usher for directions. Or, Posted Image take the elevator (elevators are slow) and push the button for Parterre. BalletAlertniks can meet by the costume display. Once on the Parterre level, you absolutely can not miss the costumes. Posted Image

So sorry you won't be there, Helene. Posted Image

#48 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

Now we have people who read Grand Tier and are going there. Now it is switched to Parterre. I personally think Grand Tier will be fine as long as we move over to the side where you are near a wall and can look down on staircase so we don't block the staircase which I suggested previously. I will look in both levels I guess.

#49 nysusan

nysusan

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Now we have people who read Grand Tier and are going there. Now it is switched to Parterre. I personally think Grand Tier will be fine as long as we move over to the side where you are near a wall and can look down on staircase so we don't block the staircase which I suggested previously. I will look in both levels I guess.

Let's meet on the Parterre Level, it makes the most sense. On the Grand Tier if a group of us are standing to the right of the staircase then we are getting in the way of the ladie's room line, elevators and flow to the restaurant. On the left there are also elevators and people heading to the bar & terrace.

Just get on the elevator and press the Parterre button!

Most people check BT frequently, so I don't think there will be any confusion.

#50 MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

Okay, I'll meet our group on the Parterre Level by the costume display.

#51 Kristen

Kristen

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Okay - Parterre Level it is for me on the 24th. I'm the one who reneged about meeting on the 25th because I bought the "guest stage manager" opportunity from Priceless New York (mastercard) for the 25th. Decided to fly in a day early and catch another Bayadere from the audience. Look forward to meeting all of you. I'm 60, as of yesterday (yuk) and I'll be in black (it's New York, not Florida right?) with patterned stockings. See you tomorrow evening. Kristen

#52 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Looking forward to meeting you. I'll be there Thurs and Fri.

#53 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

Part is now listed on ABT's website in place of Vishneva for Friday's Bayadere...was this announced earlier? Did I somehow miss it?

I am not at all sorry to see Part for sure--though she may rather tower over Osipova--but very disappointed not to be seeing Vishneva especially after last year when I only saw her in Carmen (which I did not care for). I've hit my budget limit on planned NY trips, so this means I won't see her at all this season...

(To be honest, I have been mostly worried Cojocaru would pull out of Thursday's performance.)

The best laid plans of mice and balletomanes...

#54 aurora

aurora

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Part is now listed on ABT's website in place of Vishneva for Friday's Bayadere...was this announced earlier? Did I somehow miss it?

I am not at all sorry to see Part for sure--though she may rather tower over Osipova--but very disappointed not to be seeing Vishneva especially after last year when I only saw her in Carmen (which I did not care for). I've hit my budget limit on planned NY trips, so this means I won't see her at all this season...

(To be honest, I have been mostly worried Cojocaru would pull out of Thursday's performance.)

I don't think the height differential should be a disaster or even an issue. Osipova has so much personality I think she can stand up to anyone. I kept seeing Part cast with Wiles in this and I think tempermentally this will be a much more interesting match. Its also a gorgeous role for Veronika (or has been, and I'm so sorry I don't get back to the US until next week!!).

#55 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:41 AM

Wow -- so much for the much-anticipated Vishneva-Osipova Nikiya-Ganzatti pairing. Maybe next season? Actually, Part with Osipova may be more appropriate. Sweetness and Fire....more interesting that Fire and Fire...although I would have loved to have seen 'two Gamzatti types' in the Act I Catfight. Regardless, I hope that everyone going to NYC has fun. I'm sorry to be missing the reunion. Posted Image

#56 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:21 AM

I hope Vishneva will still be doing her Onegin performances. Ugh.

#57 SimonA

SimonA

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

Vishneva looked noticeably under the weather at the stage door after Saturday's Giselle.

#58 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,260 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

Bummer

#59 MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

[size=2]Bummer is right, Cristian. [/size]

[size=2]I still haven't recovered from a perfomance of Manon at ABT some years ago where an injured Vishneva was replaced by Kent. 1/3 of the audience actually got up and left when they read the dreaded white insert in the program. But my husband and I stayed and endured. Sure hope Part's Nikiya isn't as lackluster as her Odette-Odile last season. Maybe Gomes's partnering will inspire her? [/size]

#60 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

This is getting to be a bit too much from Vishneva. I remember her cancellations towards the end of the 2008 City Center Kirov tour...injured during one of her Dying Swans, if memory serves. Hence, unable to dance Rubies and whatever else she was scheduled to dance. This was the spring in which she toured 'Beauty in Motion' so she may have been extremely tired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):