This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Three pianists walk into a studio

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

From The Australian Ballet a podcast of 3 pianists speaking about the experience of playing for a ballet company. . .
http://www.australia...k_into_a_studio

#2 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

Lovely, I'm dancing inside too!

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,407 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

This is a wonderful piece -- many thanks, innopac!

#4 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

This is enthrallling -- especially for someone who has taken class with real pianists providing the music. I found myself getting emotional thinking of Olga (who often played numbers learned when working with Andre Eglevsky back in the 1950s), with Sasha, classically trained in Russia but whose heart was sometimes in an after-hours boite on Monmartrre, and with other pianists who made the experience of taking class, or observing better dancers in other classes, so much richer than it would have been with a recording.

I was told that one must always thank the pianist, sincerely and with grace, at the end of each class. I always did this.

Llke Barbara, I love the statement just before the end of the clip: that every ballet pianist "must be really dancing inside."

Thank you innopec. You are a real truffle hound when it comes to locating audio and visual treasures.

#5 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Oh, this is so sweet -- many, many thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):