This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Maria KochetkovaPrincipal Dancer San Francisco Ballet

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

I did an search and can’t find that this has been posted already.

Interview and some nice photos.

Last question. What makes you laugh?
Well, people laugh at things I say, but comedy and happy things are not really me. I like sarcasm more than anything. I’m a bit of a grumpy old man.”

#122 lion

lion

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

In this video from 2001, a young and playful Maria Kochetkova performs the female variation from this pas de deux in Moscow. Even without her partner, Kochetkova exudes a coquettish demeanor. Just as her dainty brisés perfectly suit her petite physique—not to mention her Bournonville ballon—her endearing épaulement takes viewers in from the moment of her first preparation. Even at this early age, it is no surprise that Kochetkova would go on to become a principal dancer with San Francisco Ballet only six years later.

http://pointemagazin...al-genzano-2001

#123 yudi

yudi

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

Ballet Meets Robotics by Francesca Da Rimini
Published on Jul 11, 2014

Featuring San Francisco Ballet principal dancers Maria Kochetkova and Joan Boada, "Francesca Da Rimini" is an experiment using a robotically controlled camera to capture ballet. "Ballet Meets Robotics," reveals the artistry, inspiration, and technology that went into the short film.

#124 lion

lion

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

Maria Kochetkova will be in Télématin on France 2  7.35am Thursday  morning talking about knives, rubies, ballet and coming up shows in Paris. Yesterday filming with France 2 Télématin all day at Rome Opera.

#125 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

Maria Kochetkova will be in Télématin on France 2  7.35am Thursday  morning talking about knives, rubies, ballet and coming up shows in Paris. Yesterday filming with France 2 Télématin all day at Rome Opera.

It occurs to me that she may speak in English, and be translated to French on the show. I'm not sure if this production is related, but here is Masha as the Spirit of Van Cleef & Arpels, directed by Mathieu Demy.

http://www.vancleefa...-cleef-arpels-1

I wonder if Masha gets to have her look-alike brooch as a reward. ;)

I found the video functionality to be troublesome - if I moved my mouse pointer after clicking the Play button, the video would immediately freeze. Not a good way to program things. But this may just be an issue with particular browsers.

#126 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:23 PM

Pherank said:

http://www.vancleefa...-cleef-arpels-1

I wonder if Masha gets to have her look-alike brooch as a reward. ;)

Good grief!  Where on earth do people wear stuff like that?  Gorgeous, but Holy Mackerel...

And...

I found the video functionality to be troublesome - if I moved my mouse pointer after clicking the Play button, the video would immediately freeze. Not a good way to program things. But this may just be an issue with particular browsers.

It was fine on my iMac using Safari, but the same problem you had on Firefox.

As to the music, I couldn't understand a word the little old lady with laryngitis 'sang'.  Did it have something to do with the proceedings or was it just meant to be atmosphere?

Thanks for posting.  Always interesting to see dancers doing something a little different.

#127 lion

lion

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:55 PM

Maria Kochetkova as Cinderella in opening season at TEATRO DELL'OPERA DI ROMA with Derek Deane's Cinderella for the next 3 nights 25th, 26th, 27th of september. 

Musica di Sergej Prokof'ev 
Direttore Nir Kabaretti 
Coreografia Derek Deane

#128 lion

lion

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:17 AM

More Maria Kochetkova as Cinderella & Giuseppe Picone as Prince in opening season at TEATRO DELL'OPERA DI ROMA with Derek Deane's Cinderella for the next 3 nights 25th, 26th, 27th of september. 

#129 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

Two brief scenes from the Teatro dell'Opera di Roma Cinderella performance:

http://instagram.com/p/tfLAJiEUdi/

http://instagram.com/p/tfFjRMkUXM/

It would be great if the extended performance footage appears somewhere...

#130 diane

diane

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:43 AM

Oooh, yes, wouldn't that be great? (if the extended performance footage appears somewhere) 

I love this ballet; mainly for the music, as Kochetkova said in one of the interviews. 

-d-

#131 lion

lion

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:58 AM

Maria Kochetkova will be doing live stream rehearsal of Don Quixote this Wednesday October 1st #WorldBalletDay
Tune in to World Ballet Day Live next week and watch Don Quixote come to life! #TutuTuesday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):