This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Maria KochetkovaPrincipal Dancer San Francisco Ballet

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#91 Swanilda8

Swanilda8

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

It's pretty low on the Russian companies as well.

#92 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

I wish they had posted the list of fourty (sic) critics who came up with that list. It has a very heavy European slant. Not a single dancer from NYCB?

I looked over the list quickly, but only noticed Julie Kent at ABT and Sonia Rodriguez at National Ballet of Canada. It's a pretty offensive list for us North Americans.

#93 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

I wish they had posted the list of fourty (sic) critics who came up with that list. It has a very heavy European slant. Not a single dancer from NYCB?

I looked over the list quickly, but only noticed Julie Kent at ABT and Sonia Rodriguez at National Ballet of Canada. It's a pretty offensive list for us North Americans.

I think we all understand that no publication, not even the NY Times, can afford to send critics to see everything. A list of critics divided by continent, perhaps, could have selected honorees from among the companies they could realistically see. And it's really odd that they didn't list the names of the critics somewhere. At ballet competitions, the names of the judges are known to everyone, aren't they?

#94 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I think we all understand that no publication, not even the NY Times, can afford to send critics to see everything. A list of critics divided by continent, perhaps, could have selected honorees from among the companies they could realistically see. And it's really odd that they didn't list the names of the critics somewhere. At ballet competitions, the names of the judges are known to everyone, aren't they?

Agreed. It is certainly the fair thing to do. Dance For You is based in Germany, no? So I'm not surprised at the heavy Germanic slant, but they should make it more clear where their sympathies lie by publishing the list of judges/critics too.

#95 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

OF THE SEASON 2012-2013

DANCE FOR YOU MAGAZINE ANNOUNCE THIS YEAR´S NOMINEES FOR THE SEASON 2012-2013 

More than fourty international dance critics announced their nominations:San Francisco BalletMaria KochetkovaTaras Domitro ...

http://www.dancefory...-2012-2013.html

They do run an English language version, and refer to themselves as an international publication, but Dance for You is very much a European-based project.  Take a look at the rest of the website.

#96 lion

lion

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

PRINCIPAL CASTING FOR SAN FRANCISCO BALLET New York City Tour — David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center October 16-27, 2013

New York Premiere
CINDERELLA: OPENING NIGHT – Wednesday, October 23 – 8PM, Sunday, October 27 – 2PM

Cinderella: Maria Kochetkova
Prince: Joan Boada

http://m.sfballetblo...la-nyc-casting/

#97 lion

lion

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

PRINCIPAL CASTING FOR Maria Kochetkova New York City Tour — David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center October 16-27, 2013

PROGRAM A: OPENING NIGHT – Wednesday, October 16, 2013 – 8:00PM

New York Premiere

Trio

Maria Kochetkova, Gennadi Nedvigin

New York Premiere

Borderlands

Maria Kochetkova, Jaime Garcia Castilla

Program C: OPENING NIGHT – Thursday, October 17 – 8:00PM

New York Premiere

Classical Symphony

Maria Kochetkova, Hansuke Yamamoto

New York Premiere

Symphonic Dances

Maria Kochetkova, Vitor Luiz

Program C: Friday, October 18 – 8:00PM

From Foreign Lands

Symphonic Dances

Program B OPENING NIGHT – Saturday, October 19 – 2:00PM

Ghosts

Program A – Saturday, October 19 – 8:00PM

Trio

Maria Kochetkova, Davit Karapetyan

Borderlands

Maria Kochetkova, Jaime Garcia Castilla

http://www.sfballetb...c-casting-2013/

#98 lion

lion

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

Dancing away in San Jose

Ballet San Jose has lined up top dancers from around the country and abroad - including members of American Ballet Theatre, New York City, Boston and San Francisco ballets (Taras Domitro and Maria Kochetkova from our town) - to perform with the company at its Nov. 16 gala season opener at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts, celebrating the arrival of the ballet's new director, José Manuel Carreño. You can pay a grand for the full schmeer (dinner, after-party, maybe even goodie bags) or as little as $50 to catch the performance, which includes excerpts from works by Balanchine,Christopher Wheeldon and David Fernandez. For more information, go to www.balletsj.org.

http://www.sfgate.co...ard-4920256.php

#99 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

A couple fun pictures of Masha, taken by Mathilde Froustey on Mount Tamalpais (southern Marin County), overlooking the San Francisco Bay Area:

Ba0TVp2CIAA0qmj.jpg

This one is titled "Cinderella is back!"

3e10b9625d4911e3b85612a7545bb72a_8.jpg

#100 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

I like the skulls!

#101 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

'Tis the Reason for the Season - The Nutcracker

BcKZYiQCMAANmLp.jpg

#102 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

I see that Yuri Possokhov's Classical Symphony was nominated also, for choreography. There's no mention in the article, but Kochetkova was the ballerina at the premiere in San Francisco. The article did not mention what critic nominated it nor what company the nominating critic saw perform it nor where -- it has been danced in Moscow and I think in Berlin. I'm glad to see it was nominated --I think it's a wonderful ballet and that American critics don't rank it high enough.

#103 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

Apropos of nothing much except end-of-year, post-Nutcracker silliness, Maria Kochetkova tweeted this.

(Giving up.  Tried embedding Twitter from MK.  Tried for solid hour.  Admitting defeat.  wallbash.gif Does anybody over 30 understand Twitter?  Here's cut and paste. Follow link.  Happy Holidays.  Need glass of wine.  Big glass of wine. blink.png)

Maria Kochetkova ‏@balletrusse24h

All nuts are done! Congrats @sfballet! Here goes the happy dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O24J14kAx1c#t=153 

#104 Josette

Josette

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

Kochetkova's tweet explains why she looked less than joyous and not very interested during her penultimate grand pas de deux on Friday evening.  Both Mathilde Froustey on Dec. 26 evening and Sasha De Sola at the Dec. 27 matinée  gave radiant performances of the grand pas de deux with beautiful execution and musicality.   Mlle. Froustey had family from France attending, including her father!

#105 pherank

pherank

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

A photo of Masha with Natalia Makarova, after Kochetkova's final Giselle appearance this season:

61880b348c7411e3967d12870ef6b5bd_8.jpg

(Makarova is the répétiteur for SFB's production of The Kingdom of the Shades from La Bayadère - Program 3)

BffPjnVIcAABM2P.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):