5 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,986 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

I didn't realize that Natalia Magnicaballi had been injured, and I just read an article that said she tore her ACL last year, but is back and will dance in two of the three ballets in the "Director's Choice" program: "Paquita" and "In the Night".

http://www.azcentral...um-phoenix.html

"She's back," Andersen says. "Her knee is ready and she's only going to get better, and one way to get better is just to dance."

That is great news -- Posted Image to Ms. Magnicaballi.

#2 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

It is great news. I hope to see her with TSFB in DC in the Fall.

#3 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,214 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

I didn't realize that Natalia Magnicaballi had been injured, and I just read an article that said she tore her ACL last year, but is back and will dance in two of the three ballets in the "Director's Choice" program: "Paquita" and "In the Night".

http://www.azcentral...um-phoenix.html

"She's back," Andersen says. "Her knee is ready and she's only going to get better, and one way to get better is just to dance."

That is great news -- Posted Image to Ms. Magnicaballi.

I don't know the ballerina, but to start off right after an injury with no other than...PAQUITA! Wow...brave woman she is.. Posted Image

#4 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

Great news, alright. She was scheduled to dance Diamonds with Suzanne Farrell Ballet in D.C. last November. Posters showing her and Momchil Mladenov in the ballet were for sale at the Kennedy Center, but that casting would have been a safe bet anyhow. Such a shame she couldn't do it.

#5 puppytreats

puppytreats

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

She danced at the Joyce in NYC with BAZ last month. This board discussed or linked to the reviews. (Critics discussed rolling on the floor in underwear.)

#6 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,986 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

I don't think many people in Phoenix were in NYC for her performances in Ib Andersen's "Play." The upcoming program is her homecoming.

I can't find the review that mentioned underwear, and it might have been the one with a beautiful photo of the pas de deux referenced in danced by Natalia Magnicaballi and Astrit Zejnati in purple briefs and bra (for her), but I've never seen anything by Ib Andersen where the feature is rolling on the floor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):