This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Natalia Magnicaballi Is Back

I didn't realize that Natalia Magnicaballi had been injured, and I just read an article that said she tore her ACL last year, but is back and will dance in two of the three ballets in the "Director's Choice" program: "Paquita" and "In the Night".

http://www.azcentral...um-phoenix.html

"She's back," Andersen says. "Her knee is ready and she's only going to get better, and one way to get better is just to dance."

That is great news -- flowers.gif to Ms. Magnicaballi.

I didn't realize that Natalia Magnicaballi had been injured, and I just read an article that said she tore her ACL last year, but is back and will dance in two of the three ballets in the "Director's Choice" program: "Paquita" and "In the Night".

http://www.azcentral...um-phoenix.html

"She's back," Andersen says. "Her knee is ready and she's only going to get better, and one way to get better is just to dance."

That is great news -- flowers.gif to Ms. Magnicaballi.

I don't know the ballerina, but to start off right after an injury with no other than...PAQUITA! Wow...brave woman she is.. clapping.gif

Great news, alright. She was scheduled to dance Diamonds with Suzanne Farrell Ballet in D.C. last November. Posters showing her and Momchil Mladenov in the ballet were for sale at the Kennedy Center, but that casting would have been a safe bet anyhow. Such a shame she couldn't do it.

I don't think many people in Phoenix were in NYC for her performances in Ib Andersen's "Play." The upcoming program is her homecoming.

I can't find the review that mentioned underwear, and it might have been the one with a beautiful photo of the pas de deux referenced in danced by Natalia Magnicaballi and Astrit Zejnati in purple briefs and bra (for her), but I've never seen anything by Ib Andersen where the feature is rolling on the floor.