This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2012 Company performances.

CNB doesn't has "seasons", as the majority of companies worldwide do. The company performs all year around, dividing itself in two big groups at times...one for the touring and one to stay home.

A little late, but here are some of the company's current year performances.

JANUARY

-Nutcracker. Alonso after Fedorova/Petipa/Ivanov/Tchaikovsky

-The Magic of Dance.

FEBRUARY.

-Coppelia. Alonso after Petipa/Saint-Leon/Delibes

MARCH.

-Swan Lake. Skeaping/Alonso after Petipa/Tchaikovsky

APRIL

-The magic Flute. Alonso after Ivanov/Drigo

MAY

-Paquita's Grand Pas. Alonso after Petipa/Minkus

JUNE

-Les Sylphides. Alonso after Fokine/Chopin/Glazunov

JULY.

-Gala Performances

AUGUST.

-The Legend of the Big Water. Eduardo Blanco/Miguel Nunez

SEPTEMBER.

-Gala Performances

OCTOBER.

-XXVIII Havana International Ballet Festival.

NOVEMBER.

-XXVIII Havana International Ballet Festival.

DECEMBER.

-Nutcracker. Alonso after Fedorova/Petipa/Ivanov/Tchaikovsky

http://www.balletcuba.cult.cu/paginas/presentaciones.html

Is the reason that most ballet companies have a season (and a fairly short one it seems compared to opera companies) because they have to share venues with other companies? I know that ABT shares the Met with the Met Opera and so has to perform in two different places during the year. San Francisco Ballet has to share the War Memorial Opera House with the opera company. New York City Ballet had to share the Koch Theater. Regional companies probably can't afford a long season, so they have to have a season also.

Just wondering if this is the case.

Does the opera in Cuba perform in a different theatre? Or does the opera share with the ballet and how do they do that?

Thanks, cubanmiamiboy. It would be great to know the line-up for the Biennial Ballet Festival. With direct twice-a-week flights from 'my back yard' (Baltimore, MD) to Havana about to begin, and somewhat-more-relaxed travel requirements, this is suddenly a very real possibility.

I am going to be in Havana the week of April 14...cubanboymiami, I wondered if you knew what the National Ballet will be dancing that week. My visit will include a watching the National Ballet perform as well as a visit to the National Ballet School. I cannot tell you how excited I am to have this opportunity.