This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Questions?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,076 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

If you are logged into Ballet Alert!, you may post your questions here. If you prefer, you may post questions to the Ballet Talk for Dancers Fundraising thread.

#2 Stecyk

Stecyk

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

Problem Definition:

I want to be able to easily and quickly spot threads that are new or have new content since I was last here.

Background Information:

When I click View New Content, I most often see Sorry, no new content found. Yet, if I go to a thread that I saw earlier--for example, Misty Copeland in the Dancers forum--I view new content that has been added since my last visit.

Moreover, if I go to the main Forums page, I see some forums have a light blue coloring while others have a white coloring.

When I last visited Ballet Alert earlier today, I clicked the link at the bottom of the main Forums page that reads: Mark Read: Forums/Blogs/All.

Can someone, please, provide some guidance as to what I am doing wrong?

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,076 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

I've never been able to find information about the algorithm they use to determine new content.  The hints that I've found suggest it has to do with when it cycles through to see if you have new content.  I would have guessed that clicking "View New Content" would force it to check and look for anything between the last check and this, but that has not been my experience.

#4 Stecyk

Stecyk

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

Thank you for responding Helene. So the best course of action is to just scan the column where it shows the last post?

I am just looking for a fast and efficient process to quickly scan for new content.

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,076 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

Unfortunately, the most time-consuming and indirect way is the way to do it.

#6 Stecyk

Stecyk

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:57 PM

Thank you Helene.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):