• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Does anybody remembers them from that past Academy Awards ceremony, when de Generes hosted...? I went to see them last night at the Arsht Center, and was greatly impressed, for which even being a non lover of contemporary dancing, theirs is an spectacle both innovative and highly entertaining aside from elegant in its conception. I liked it very much!

http://www.youtube.c...ature=endscreen

#2 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

As I mentioned to you earlier I will see this company here in Gainesville on March 18. Can't wait. I suspect it will be similar to Momix (the company I told you about).

I'm glad you enjoyed a contemporary dance program!!!

#3 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed a contemporary dance program!!!

I did, BB..thing is...theirs is one of those dance troupes that really DANCE, trained into the best street b-boying tradition with highly choreographed works.

#4 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Just got home from Pilobolus Dance Theatre (matinee performance) here in Gainesville. I enjoyed it immensely. It is not really ballet (rather modern dance), but it gave the same kind of thrills as ballet ("Wow!" moments).

The two modern dance companies that have impressed me are Momix and now this Pilobolus company. Both are worth seeing if you love dance. In both companies the women are very different (much more muscular than ballet dancers and compared to ballet dancers look almost husky but not fat). The women pick each other up at times also. Some of the moves are more like a music video dance performance, but there are beautiful moments as well and definitely moments where you say, "Wow!"

#5 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:21 AM

OMG! I just noticed I am now part of the "Bronze Circle".....LOL I still feel like a newbie! LOL

#6 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

OMG! I just noticed I am now part of the "Bronze Circle".....LOL I still feel like a newbie! LOL

Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):