This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SCFTA 2012-2013 Dance Season

Here it is very briefly. It doesn't seem like the Center has put out a detailed description, but both the LATimes and OCRegister have picked this up.

http://latimesblogs....-the-arts-.html

Very slim pickings Dance wise, but if that's what needs to happen to get good quality ballet companies like the Mariinsky and the Hamburg (very excited!!), instead of idiotic Ardani productions, I accept it (though Ardani's website lists Tour de Force III on their website). I'm hoping since it says "international" below, that ABT will perhaps will show up on the more detailed brochure?

International dance series: Mariinsky Ballet and Orchestra (Oct. 2–7); Trey McIntyre Project (Nov. 23–25); Hamburg Ballet (Feb. 8–10); Eifman Ballet of St. Petersburg (May 3–5, 2013).

EDIT: SCFTA's Facebook is updating with more info....They confirm what we already knew about Swan Lake:

2012-13 International Dance Series: Mariinsky Ballet & Orchestra - Swan Lake; Trey McIntyre Project, including world premiere; Hamburg Ballet - The Little Mermaid; Eifman Ballet of St. Petersburg - Rodin

I'm hoping since it says "international" below, that ABT will perhaps will show up on the more detailed brochure?

The 2012/13 dance series is now on the website: http://www.scfta.org....aspx?NavID=993

ABT is not on the roster. I expected ABT would tour Ratmansky's Nutcracker in So. Cal. but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Yes, I too had hoped that. There hasn't been a Nutcracker at the Center for several season nows, which seems incredibly silly/short sighted given its almost guarenteed selling power.

It's going to be quite the short dance season here I guess. 16 days altogether? Yikes.