This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

A series of debuts in March

The cast information of March is updated untill Mar. 18th, and it seems that there're quite a few debuts this month.

http://www.mariinsky.ru/en/playbill/playbill/

As far as I recall and according to the dancer's biography on the website of MT, the major debuts are: Olesya Novikova in Rubies, Ekaterina Kondaurova in Diamonds, Viktoria Tereshkina and Vladimir Shklyarov as Anna and Vronsky in Anna Karenina, and Oksana Skorik in the Swan. Other debuts includes Ekaterina Ivannikova in Swan Lake as Prince's friends, Yevgenia Dolmatova in Anna Karenina as Dolly, Viktoria Krasnokutskaya in Chopiniana, etc..

To me, the most unexpected debut is Skorik in the Swan. It seems that there're currently many disputes over her lack of poetic feeling, I'm not sure how she will be like in the Swan, and I personally think Vasnetsova will impress more in that role. Besides, it seems to me that the Swan is one of those roles only for the principals in Mariinsky, such us Lopatkina and Nioradze. I hope it's not an indication that she will soon be made one. Although given the current administration, I'd be surprised if she's not a principal in three or four years.

Anyway, I'm eager to know how they appears in those roles, especially Kondaurova, Tereshkina, Shklyarov, Novikova, and Skorik.

The casts for this year's Ballet Festival MARIINSKY is still not available.

Skorik has already danced O/O in SL several times, even on tour in Brazil & maybe Italy last fall. There was a lackluster debut last spring/summer at the MT, with short-necked & stocky Timur Askerov as Siegfried. Much commented on in European fora; less so here. Management insists on pushing her & the partnership with Askerov, though.

Novikova has danced Rubies but it has been a while.

Skorik has already danced O/O in SL several times, even on tour in Brazil & maybe Italy last fall. There was a lackluster debut last spring/summer at the MT, with short-necked & stocky Timur Askerov as Siegfried. Much commented on in European fora; less so here. Management insists on pushing her & the partnership with Askerov, though.

Novikova has danced Rubies but it has been a while.

Elianam was talking about Skorik Swan as the Dying Swan which is probably a debut, unless she has done it in one of the many Concert Hall small performances. Novikova last danced Rubies on June 19, 2011, Denis Matvienko gala.

..Elianam was talking about Skorik Swan as the Dying Swan which is probably a debut, unless she has done it in one of the many Concert Hall small performances. ..

I checked Mariinsky site, it's true

OMG, that will be a Dying audience watching "how should i move my arms and legs". Can someone summon SWAT to arrest Fateev, please