This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Weird Behavior on Site

Helene

I've been experiencing some strange behavior on Ballet Alert! -- but not on BT4D :

1.  When I start to type in the "Reply" box, I"m not seeing any formatting options (bold, italic, etc.)

2.  When I edit, I see HTML code.

3.  When I click the "Follow this topic" button, I don't get the dialogue box that allows me to subscribe for notifications.

4.  When I try to "Start New Topic", I get an error message, but if I click the "Okay" button, get a "New Topic" screen.

5.  The logo doesn't appear, just the word "Logo".

Is anyone experiencing these?  If so, I'd appreciate it if you'd confirm here, as well as noting any other weird site behaviors.

The problem I've had for months now is attempting to post a link and give it, say, the title of the article it links to. That used to be simple. When I try it now, I get a drop down box labeled "Link Type" with the options "URL," "Link to Anchor in Text," and "Email." The first option just posts the URL with no option to title it. The second gives me the message "No Anchors Available in the Document."

Edited to Add: This is probably an I-Pad and not a site software issue, but when I checked to see if I had the same problem replying on the I-Pad, I had no formatting options there at all.

I've been experiencing some strange behavior on Ballet Alert! -- but not on BT4D :

1. When I start to type in the "Reply" box, I"m not seeing any formatting options (bold, italic, etc.)

Hi, Helene. Of the issues you listed, this is the only one I have experienced - and it self-corrected today, as I am now seeing the formatting options (without needing to click on the More Reply Options button).

One issue I'm experiencing which others have not mentioned, is that the Mark All Posts Read link is quite unstable (and I realize that it has to be clicked twice - once to bring up a list of options, and again to select the appropriate option). The Mark All Posts Read links only seem to work for me 50% of the time.

The problem I've had for months now is attempting to post a link and give it, say, the title of the article it links to. That used to be simple. When I try it now, I get a drop down box labeled "Link Type" with the options "URL," "Link to Anchor in Text," and "Email." The first option just posts the URL with no option to title it. The second gives me the message "No Anchors Available in the Document."

Edited to Add: This is probably an I-Pad and not a site software issue, but when I checked to see if I had the same problem replying on the I-Pad, I had no formatting options there at all.

The new software expects you to type in the title, then highlight it, click the "link" icon, and type/paste in the URL.

For example:

This is the link to this topic

vs.

http://balletalert.i...310#entry299310

One issue I'm experiencing which others have not mentioned, is that the Mark All Posts Read link is quite unstable (and I realize that it has to be clicked twice - once to bring up a list of options, and again to select the appropriate option). The Mark All Posts Read links only seem to work for me 50% of the time.

The label was misleading, and I re-labeled it to "Mark Read: Forums/Blogs/All" to note the options.

I suspect "Mark All As Read" is similar to the functionality for "View New Content", which is that somewhere, there are cookies trying to determine what has and hasn't been read/is or isn't new. Some members have had the same issues with both functionality. I've checked the support forums, and there is no insight into this, especially since it's not consistent behavior.

My issues were fixed after I cleared my browser cache, thanks to a suggestion from tech support :flowers:

If you're seeing <DIV> tags, then you're having the same HTML problem I had. I solved it by clearing my browser history from cache.

If most of what you're getting is codes like "&nbsp;", they are encoding issues. If you're copying and pasting from an article, there's an encoding conflict. If it's only when you enter data, then you might check your browser encoding settings.

Embedded YouTube links are a new feature with Version 3, and you do need to put in a line break before they'll be recognized by the software.

I think the separate emoticon window was removed because it's not mobile friendly, and the two interfaces are based on the mobile app.

Are you using the mobile app? That's a separate interface. IPB removed the subtitles in this version, and someone wrote code to display them on the regular, non-mobile site, but I don't think the modification was extended to the mobile version. You can add thread subtitles, and admins can edit them, but the modification doesn't allow us to edit or add forum descriptions (that look like subtitles). The mobile version is not new, but not that many people were using it until iPads became so common.

If you're using the regular version, please link to a page where you can't see the subtitles, because I see them on thread and forum pages.

Windows XP/Firefox 10.something. I don't see subtitles in the View New Posts menu, either, only on the topic's page once it's open.

I'm on a MacBook with Firefox 10.0.2 and Safari 5.1.3, and I see subtitles on the Forum and Thread pages. The modification I purchased does not extend to search results, which is what "View New Content" is. Cristian didn't mention "View New Posts", only that the subtitles no longer appear.