#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Mistiy Copeland speaks to students at her high school:

http://www.dispatch....pectations.html

About her personal life: “I pretty much don’t have a social life,” she confessed. “At this stage in my career, I know how big of an opportunity this is, so I’m not going to mess it up.”

Although she graduated from high school, Copeland didn’t go to college. Many of her colleagues in the professional dance world don’t have their high-school diplomas.

#2 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Alabama Ballet is performing Swan Lake:

http://www.al.com/en...dark_sides.html

Three ballerinas, six roles, a flock of swans. Zero cameo appearances by Natalie Portman.

Sorry, the Oscar-winning actress won’t be reprising her role next weekend as the disturbed, driven dancer battling her personal demons in the movie “Black Swan,” but Alabama Ballet has something better in store for “Swan Lake.”

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,002 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

A review of New York City Ballet by Brian Seibert in The New York Times.

As a program “Agon,” “Fancy Free” and “Tchaikovsky Suite No. 3” sounds like a surefire hit. That’s two and one-quarter perfect works, each in a different genre. (In the “Tchaikovsky” only the fourth section is first rate). Yet performances do matter, and at the David H. Koch Theater on Friday the performances were inconsistent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):