This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Shen Yun

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Has anyone seen the Shen Yun company? It is billed as Classical Chinese Dance and from pictures and short clips it looks quite interesting, but was wondering if ballet lovers would enjoy it. I might go to the Tampa performance, but I wanted to know if anyone on these boards have seen this company and what they think about it before I buy a ticket.

#2 lmspear

lmspear

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

I saw Shen Yun last Nov. There were about 10 short selections for each of two acts that were too repetitive for my taste. There was also a pair of MCs who introduced each piece with corny patter. There were some lovely moments. I'm glad I saw it, but I didn't have to buy my ticket, and I have no desire to see it again.

The company is related to the Falun Gong movement.

#3 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Imspear, thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):