119 replies to this topic

#16 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,573 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Is Skorik the dancer who was the subject of the crazed youtube video from russianballetvideo a month or so ago? The girl with the major technical issues? I can't find the video now, but if so, she really should not be dancing major tours with the problems she seems to regularly have.

Yes, it was Skorik.

#17 kbarber

kbarber

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

Berkeley Swan Lake casting: http://toursenlair.b...g-berkeley.html

#18 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:48 AM

Despite all the negative comments about dancers/casting decisions on the other Mariinsky thread, I went ahead and bought a ticket before casts were announced for Berkeley because I can only go to the Saturday matinee, and I wanted a good seat. Been holding my breath ever since to see who I’d end up with and I’ve got…Kondaurova! Hooooray!!! (Please don't rain on my parade by pointing out that casts frequently change....)

#19 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Despite all the negative comments about dancers/casting decisions on the other Mariinsky thread, I went ahead and bought a ticket before casts were announced for Berkeley because I can only go to the Saturday matinee, and I wanted a good seat. Been holding my breath ever since to see who I’d end up with and I’ve got…Kondaurova! Hooooray!!! (Please don't rain on my parade by pointing out that casts frequently change....)

We both lucked out then! Crossing every available body part that the casting holds for both of us.

#20 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

If you like a deliciously evil Black Swan literally dripping with evil cancel work or cancel plans (give the baby to a stranger....just kidding) and RUN to see Tereshkina's Swan Lake. Her white swan is good too, but her Black Swan is incredible in both dancing and characterization, in my opinion. It won't be to some people's taste, but overall it stands out more than most Black Swans.

#21 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,573 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Congratulations to Ms. Somova and Ms. Tereshkina :flowers:

#22 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

OMG! That casting is unbelievable! Kondaurova and Kolegova should be worth seeing!

#23 amiaow

amiaow

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Yes, congratulations to the mothers-to-be! That is wonderful news :)

#24 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#25 YID

YID

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

Great for mothers- to-be!!!!

yikes about SKORIK openning and being on Sat. night - Horrible.

the only bonus, is it may still change, and there'll be MARIINSKY ORCHESTRA - I am so much looking forward to that one (recalling a horrible slaughter of Tchaikovsky's score in Toronto by some semi-professionals acompanying Bolshoi's swan lake).

#26 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

Yes, YID, very interesting that the 'junior' gets the opening. I would have thought that, given this situation, Kondaurova would have been moved to her rightful opening night. Even Kolegova would have been a safer bet but Kondaurova is now the lone Principal woman on this tour. Exposing Skorik to the opening-night reviewers may not be the wisest thing, given her recent track record, even though I still believe in her possibilities for the future, if she can control nerves and such.

Of course, the more perfect solution would have been to allow Lopatkina to join the tour. It's still incredible that she was left out. Vishneva I can understand as she is a 'globe-trotting free spirit' but Lopatkina???

Interesting also that Skorik is now 'promoted' to having Schklyarov as her Siegfried for TWO of her now-three performances, rather than her usual Siegfried, Timur Askerov. (She still has one perf with Askerov.) At least the reviews are guaranteed to be favorable for one of the two leading roles on opening night.

p.s. Funny thing - The Kennedy Center still shows Somova as their 3rd-cast Cinderella. I guess they haven't gotten 'the memo' yet.

#27 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

I heard rumors of other, additional pregnancies...any confirmation on those? Or does it not matter for the tour? Berkeley is still out of date on their website.

Have to buy another set of tickets...thank god I waited. If I don't manage to see Big Red I will be very irritated. Disappointed about Tereshkina, but obviously congrats to the mothers-to-be.

#28 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Also for those going to Costa Mesa, it appears they are not selling tickets for seating Tier 3 (their online chart says it's "sold out undefined" which...the likelihood of it being sold out is incredibly minute) in an unusual move. Attempting to fill from the bottom up?

#29 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

ksk04, from the Mariinsky, I've only heard -- unofficially & not in a forum -- of the sweet 2nd soloist known for her Fairy Canary. She would have been dancing Cygnets, if on the US tour.

Two Mikhailovsky 'primas' - Borchenko and Perren -- are happily 'with child,' as reported on numerous other fora and maybe even BA (other thread?).

#30 Tiara

Tiara

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:43 AM

Inexplicable why Oksana Skorik is to be given three performances, including opening night, and my commiserations to those unfortunate enough to have purchased tickets for these performances. She is the most junior ballerina of the O/Os and the least representative of pure Mariinsky style: the opening night should have gone to Kondaurova, the only principal on the tour, and the closing night to Kolegova. Oksana Skorik, if she had to be on the tour at all, should have done the matinee performances. Furthermore, to pair Skorik with Shklyarov is just ridiculous - Skorik must be nearly the same height as him and is totally unsuitable for him. With so many talented ballerinas just waiting for the opportunity to be given an O/O debut this is just nonsensical and yet another example of Yuri Fateyev's complete ineptitude in casting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):