who choreographed this Royal Ballet "Onegin Waltz" gala pas decollier mukhamedov benjamin durante bussell Solymosy Kumakawa

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

it's insanely intricate, Balanchine-y, fabulous performances.

Does anyone know what hte occasion was. The video's grainy, but the dancing is sweeping and at times insanely accurate. I recognize Collier at times and I think Durante, who's steely and sharp as any Balanchine dancer. But who else is who?

#2 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

My voices tell me it's by Ashley Page - specially choreographed for the finale of a Tchaikowsky Gala at Covent Garden sometime in the mid-1990s - but I can't check just now.

#3 Alymer

Alymer

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

To the best of my memory the choreographer was Ashley Page and it was made for a joint opera/ballet gala in 1993. I can't remember who the other dancers were - possibly Bussell.

#4 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

Paul, in the order in which they get individual spots, the couples are - I think - Bussell/Zoltan Solymosi, Leanne Benjamin/Kumakawa, Collier/Mukhamedov, Durante/Bruce Sansom. Corrections welcomed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):