This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

who choreographed this Royal Ballet "Onegin Waltz" gala pas decollier mukhamedov benjamin durante bussell Solymosy Kumakawa

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:25 PM

it's insanely intricate, Balanchine-y, fabulous performances.

Does anyone know what hte occasion was. The video's grainy, but the dancing is sweeping and at times insanely accurate. I recognize Collier at times and I think Durante, who's steely and sharp as any Balanchine dancer. But who else is who?

#2 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

My voices tell me it's by Ashley Page - specially choreographed for the finale of a Tchaikowsky Gala at Covent Garden sometime in the mid-1990s - but I can't check just now.

#3 Alymer

Alymer

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

To the best of my memory the choreographer was Ashley Page and it was made for a joint opera/ballet gala in 1993. I can't remember who the other dancers were - possibly Bussell.

#4 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

Paul, in the order in which they get individual spots, the couples are - I think - Bussell/Zoltan Solymosi, Leanne Benjamin/Kumakawa, Collier/Mukhamedov, Durante/Bruce Sansom. Corrections welcomed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):