This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

SERVER CHANGE COMPLETE!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,464 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Sorry for yelling: we're being migrated to a faster-performing server today. The entire process will take a couple of hours after it starts, and there will be a message displayed about the server migration.

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Sorry for yelling: we're being migrated to a faster-performing server today. The entire process will take a couple of hours after it starts, and there will be a message displayed about the server migration.

Should we be having a bon voyage party?

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,464 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Perhaps a memorial service -- it's done!

#4 Bonnette

Bonnette

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

That was very quick! And the site does come up much faster than before. Thanks, Helene.

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,464 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Excellent, Bonnette: the point of the migration was to improve speed/performance :) BT4D's migration took several hours, and ours seemed to be over before it started, but not quite...

I just discovered an issue: I received notification about a new topic, but I couldn't find the topic on the new server. I suspect that the topic was posted to the old server before it was shut off, but wasn't included in the migrated database. I know I received notification of SimonA's post in the "NYCB Winter Season" thread; it's timestamp is 4:12pm (Pacific Standard Time).

I don't have any other notifications, but I apologize if someone posted sometime between 4:12 and 5:22 or so (7:12-8:22 EST) and the post is missing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):