This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

SERVER CHANGE COMPLETE!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,508 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Sorry for yelling: we're being migrated to a faster-performing server today. The entire process will take a couple of hours after it starts, and there will be a message displayed about the server migration.

#2 sandik

sandik

Diamonds Circle

• 5,712 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Sorry for yelling: we're being migrated to a faster-performing server today. The entire process will take a couple of hours after it starts, and there will be a message displayed about the server migration.

Should we be having a bon voyage party?

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,508 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Perhaps a memorial service -- it's done!

#4 Bonnette

Bonnette

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

That was very quick! And the site does come up much faster than before. Thanks, Helene.

#5 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,508 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

Excellent, Bonnette: the point of the migration was to improve speed/performance :) BT4D's migration took several hours, and ours seemed to be over before it started, but not quite...

I just discovered an issue: I received notification about a new topic, but I couldn't find the topic on the new server. I suspect that the topic was posted to the old server before it was shut off, but wasn't included in the migrated database. I know I received notification of SimonA's post in the "NYCB Winter Season" thread; it's timestamp is 4:12pm (Pacific Standard Time).

I don't have any other notifications, but I apologize if someone posted sometime between 4:12 and 5:22 or so (7:12-8:22 EST) and the post is missing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):