This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

what happened to Sean Lavery and Merrill Ashley?no longer listed in playbill

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ivanov

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

I was surprised to see that Sean Lavery and Merrill Ashley are no longer listed in the company roster in this season's Playbill. Does anyone have any sourced information about this?

#2 Helene

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Merrill Ashley is listed on the NYCB website as a "Guest Teacher":

Sean Lavery is listed on the faculty of SAB:

#3 Eileen

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

Sean Lavery has always been Peter Martins' key assistant - I don't know the title, but he seemed to be second in command and had responsibility for devising the repertoire for the season. He also led a panel last year on Balanchine's birthday. That he has lost this job is puzzling to me.

#4 carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

According to the Playbill, the Guest Teachers are Arch Higgins, Darci Kistler and Andre Kramarevsky. Merrill Ashley's name is absent.

#5 liebs

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

I believe that Mr. Lavery has retired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):