This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Thanks for letting us know, MakarovaFan. Please write about it here when you see it - the movie will probably get to your area before mine, and I'm curious to hear about it.

Will do, dirac.

I vividly recall seeing Fiennes play Coriolanus at the Brooklyn Academy of Music in 2000. It was a ferocious, brilliant and multilayered performance. Can't wait to see him bring this very difficult play/role to the big screen in his directorial debut.

I saw the film in NYC at the Lincoln Center Film Society's Eleanor Bunin theater February 4 (or was it the 11th?). I was v. interested to see Fiennes' et.al.'s interpretation. I've always loved the play from when I first read it many many years ago. Much later, I saw Alan Howard and the RSC's production (late '70's/early 80's) which was much less visceral and more subdued psychologically than Fiennes' version.

PS. Does anyone else see the resemblance in the plot, to that of the historical Alcibiades? Same temperments and results.

PS. Does anyone else see the resemblance in the plot, to that of the historical Alcibiades? Same temperments and results.

I think Plutarch got there a few centuries ago. :)

Lucky you getting to see Howard - wonderful actor and I'd have loved to see him in the role.