This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

New member says helloHello everyone

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jamesb

jamesb

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

Hello everyone,
I am a longstanding fan of ballet, and of NYCB in particular. I first attended a City Ballet performance in 1970 when I was in college. Unfortunately, I remember nothing about it other than the fact that I was somewhere in the 4th ring. Several years later I got married. My wife had an interest in seeing ballet and insisted we go. I was the typical husband-dragged-to-the-ballet at the time. However, at one performance (Balanchine's Swan Lake with Farrell and Adam Luders) the scales fell from my eyes and I was hooked.
I look forward to participating here.

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

We're delighted you're joining us, and glad that your wife, those many years ago, dragged you to that Farrell-Luders Swan Lake.

I hope you'll join in discussions as you browse through our forums. Feel free to answer, as well as ask, questions. You'll see that our members run the gamut from new enthusiasts to seasoned experts.

Welcome, jamesb, to BalletAlert! Posted Image

#3 jamesb

jamesb

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

Thanks, I am looking forward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):