This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Favorite holiday movie?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePa6nx7T76wPosted Image

#17 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,511 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:22 AM

Reviving this thread for the new holiday season. Any more suggestions?

A photo gallery.

"5 Holiday Movies When You've Had It with the Holidays"

#18 MadameP

MadameP

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:03 AM

There are SO many I love, and I try to watch them all every year!  OK - Jingle all the Way, Elf (both make me laugh so much!), Love Actually, The Holiday, The Snowman, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street.  I am a sucker for Christmas movies, and not forgetting I have to see The Nutcracker!  

#19 YouOverThere

YouOverThere

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:41 PM

Miracle on 34th Street, at least the original black-and-white version. Because I still believe in Santa Claus.

#20 canbelto

canbelto

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:15 AM

Shop Around the Corner. 

#21 DanielBenton

DanielBenton

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

Greatest movie ever: Children of Paradise.  ok, its not a Christmas story but back in the day (70s and 80s the York Theatre in San Francisco on 24th Street deep would show it every Christmas.

#22 Jayne

Jayne

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

Bad Santa.  

#23 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,511 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:15 PM

Greatest movie ever: Children of Paradise.  ok, its not a Christmas story but back in the day (70s and 80s the York Theatre in San Francisco on 24th Street deep would show it every Christmas.

Any movie you identify closely with the season is acceptable. :) Upthread I mentioned The Sound of Music, which we watched on ABC every year when I was a kid. ABC still shows it. I guess that would also make DeMille's "The Ten Commandments" qualify.

And yes, CofP is right up there....."What do I have that thieves can steal?" I always wanted to use that line, but somehow the occasion never quite arose. "Paris is small for lovers like us."

Also, are there favorite moments in your favorite holiday movies?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):