This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

MCB Program II. Ballet Imperial, In the Night, Viscera

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

Looking forward to your report, cristian. The reviews and other reports I've gotten are making me more and more impatient to see this program when it comes to West Palm.

Cahill has already posted the Miami Herald review.

Here are three more:

The MCB blog has just added Dance Magazine's review of Viscera (Guillermo Perez}:

At this stage of Scarlett’s career, it’s tempting to define him by looking back and around for comparisons. When he resorts to brooding, Kenneth MacMillan’s shadow might cross the stage, and a push into prickly formations and bolting steps brings Scarlett to the explorations of contemporaries. Still, in matching his musical taste to the individual flavors of dancers, Scarlett is very much his own man.

http://www.dancemaga...ami-City-Ballet

Also, covering all three ballets on the program:

http://blogs.miamine...hows_guts_i.php

http://www.concerton...phpDreview=8072

A week or so ago I got the chance to listen to Lowell Liebermann's Piano Concerto No. 1. It struck me as being very danceable. (Robert Hill choreographed something for ABT in 2002.)

Francisco Renno, MCB's pianist and a real artist, will be performing all three ballets -- Liebermann, Chopin, Tchaikovsky. If anyone in ballet ican do justice to such a range of composers, Renno can.

#17 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

bart, Cristian, and anyone else.......I will be at the Kravis for the Jan. 27 performance in Loge Box 9 Seat 3&4 if you care to meet. We could meet in the lobby also during intermission. I will be with my tiny Asian mother in her 70s. So if you see a tall 40something Half Japanese, Half White guy with a 70ish Japanese woman introduce yourselves!!!

#18 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,275 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

Bart, Cristian, and anyone else.......I will be at the Kravis for the Jan. 27 performance in Loge Box 9 Seat 3&4 if you care to meet. We could meet in the lobby also during intermission. I will be with my tiny Asian mother in her 70s. So if you see a tall 40something Half Japanese, Half White guy with a 70ish Japanese woman introduce yourselves!!!

Thanks for the heads up, BB..! .I certainly will be there to meet you both if I can arrange my working schedule accordingly..I will send you my cell phone number via your messenger.

#19 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:38 AM

Bart, Cristian, and anyone else.......I will be at the Kravis for the Jan. 27 performance in Loge Box 9 Seat 3&4 if you care to meet. We could meet in the lobby also during intermission. I will be with my tiny Asian mother in her 70s. So if you see a tall 40something Half Japanese, Half White guy with a 70ish Japanese woman introduce yourselves!!!

Thanks for the heads up, BB..! .I certainly will be there to meet you both if I can arrange my working schedule accordingly..I will send you my cell phone number via your messenger.

Okay, it would be fun to meet!

#20 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,275 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

Okay, it would be fun to meet!

Posted Image

#21 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

Just bought a ticket for Les Trocks on Feb. 2 at Kravis also. Might go to multiple MCB performances this weekend if I love Friday's performance.

#22 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• 7,320 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

iwatchthecorps has posted -- on Heads Up! -- this video of Liam Scarlett talking about Viscera.

Watch on MCB Blog or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyalTt5NNAw&feature=player_embedded

You can hardly beet the following when it comes to praise:

... the most talented group of dancers I've ever worked with .... the company really needs to be shown to the world ... you guys can elevate yourselves to one of the best companies that are in the world today ...

I didn't know quite how large the corps is in this ballet. There is a brief glimpse of the entire ensemble at the end of the video.

#23 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

bart,
Thanks for posting that! It makes me glad I will see Viscera. I was least excited about that piece, but now I can't wait to see all three!
Bart (the other Bart)

#24 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,275 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'll be just as happy revisiting Ballet Imperial, if that would be the only thing presented.

#25 brokenwing

brokenwing

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

Casting is up for this weekend at Kravis, should you need any help in deciding which shows to attend:

http://miamicityball...erformances.php

#26 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• 7,320 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

THANK YOU, brokenwing.

This casting is close to perfection, though I'm sorry to see that Patricia Delgado is missing. Jeremy Cox, too. But good to see Michael Sean Breeden and Neil Marshall back in Miami for Ballet Imperial.

The one performance I'll have to miss is the Sat. matinee Posted Image , with Helen Ruiz/ Reyneris Reyes in the pas de deux and Sara Esty as the third lead . It's always an honor to be selected by a choreographer to dance a major part in a new work. I got the chance to see Ruiz, a corps member, in Wheeldon's Liturgy (dancing with Trividic), and I was bowled over by the vividness and intensity of her movement.

#27 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:06 AM

Have tickets to tonight's performance which looks like my favorite casting, but I might try to see another performance if I can. Trying to visit friends and parents. Hard to choose another show b/c each cast is slightly different. Hard to tell which would be next best.

#28 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,275 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

Who's doing BI tonight...?

#29 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:32 AM

Catoya, Delgado, Penteado, Cerdeiro, and Bramaz.

#30 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

THANK YOU, brokenwing.

This casting is close to perfection, though I'm sorry to see that Patricia Delgado is missing. Jeremy Cox, too. But good to see Michael Sean Breeden and Neil Marshall back in Miami for Ballet Imperial.

The one performance I'll have to miss is the Sat. matinee Posted Image , with Helen Ruiz/ Reyneris Reyes in the pas de deux and Sara Esty as the third lead . It's always an honor to be selected by a choreographer to dance a major part in a new work. I got the chance to see Ruiz, a corps member, in Wheeldon's Liturgy (dancing with Trividic), and I was bowled over by the vividness and intensity of her movement.

Bart,
According to the Miami Herald's review of Program 2 Patricia Delgado is injured. You might know this. Just read it online. Hope she mends quickly!
Other Bart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):