This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Mikhailovsky Ballet's new "Sleeping Beauty" Live Internet

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

Nacho Duato's new version of "The Sleeping Beauty" for St. Petersburg's Mikhailovsky Ballet will
be broadcast live online December 20, 2011, 7:00 p.m. MSD.
http://www.mikhailovsky.ru/en/live/
See http://www.timeandda.../converter.html for time zone conversions.

#2 innopac

innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:25 PM

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page there is a video with Nacho Duato talking in English about his Sleeping Beauty.
http://mikhailovsky.livejournal.com/

#3 EvilNinjaX

EvilNinjaX

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

Nacho Duato's new version of "The Sleeping Beauty" for St. Petersburg's Mikhailovsky Ballet will
be broadcast live online December 20, 2011, 7:00 p.m. MSD.
http://www.mikhailovsky.ru/en/live/
See http://www.timeandda.../converter.html for time zone conversions.

Will Osipova/Vasiliev be with them by then?

#4 Cliff

Cliff

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

Can it be viewed at a later time?

#5 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

Will Osipova/Vasiliev be with them by then?

Can it be viewed at a later time?

Hi EvilNinjaX and Cliff Posted Image. It seems like this will be the only webcast. Osipova and Vasiliev have been with the Mikhailovsky for almost three weeks since their final Bolshoi performance in "Don Q" November 27 Their first performance at the Mik was in the "Rossini Pas Deux" on December 1, during the Mikhailovsky Theatre Grand Prix. Osipova and Vasiliev will dancing in this new production on December 28, 29 and 30.

#6 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

Reminder that the live internet transmission of the entire Duato Sleeping Beauty, starring Zakharova, Sarafanov & Borchenko, is today -- 10am EST...an hour from now, as of this writing.

http://www.mikhailov...11-12-20&sh=926

You will likely need to install MS Silverlight in your computer, if you don't already have it. My office doesn't allow it, so I'll rely on reports. Posted Image

#7 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

I didn't have to install anything new and it's coming in fine. (I have Windows 7, so perhaps Silverlight is included). But all the captions at the beginning were in Russian. Do we know who the leads will be?

#8 dinamo

dinamo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

As far as I know from the Mikhailovsky Livejournal information the various leads are.

16.12. Irina Perren and Leonid Sarafanov

18.12. Svetlana Zakharova and Leonid Sarafanov

19.12. Irina Perren and Leonid Sarafanov

20.12. Svetlana Zakharova and Leonid Sarafanov

28.12. Irina Perren and Leonid Sarafanov

29.12. Natalia Osipova and Ivan Vasiliev

30.12. Natalia Osipova and Ivan Vasiliev

Lilac Fairy - Ekaterina Borchenko, Fairy Carabosse - Rishat Yulbarisov

#9 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:09 AM

Please note that Jayne is graciously writing a 'play by play' report on a separate thread: http://balletalert.i...__fromsearch__1

#10 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:38 AM

As of now you can still view the broadcast on the Mikhailovsky website, now as a streamable video. Hopefully they keep it up for awhile so everyone can catch up!

#11 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

This is good news, ksk04. I hope that it's still there when I get home.

#12 aurora

aurora

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

This is good news, ksk04. I hope that it's still there when I get home.

I'm watching it now so I would say signs look good. The link still seems to say it is a live broadcast, which is a bit confusing (or it did when I started it)

#13 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

I watched it after work up until Carabosse's appearance and then turned it off-(had to go to sleep), but I should say I wasn't impressed at all. I ended up missing Petipa's steps, and then the music was being aggressively butchered off by huge chunks, so I couldn't really cope with that...

#14 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:50 AM

I also watched. Total disappointment, especially due to the horrendously jarring music cuts, beginning with the Prologue Fairies grand pas. What on earth was that?

I felt sorry for a star the calibre of Zakharova; she must have been paid well. Sarafanov at least got to dance recognizable steps...but he still comes across as Le Petit Prince, sorry.

Did I blink and miss the solos of the Bluebird pdd? Was there a Mazurka between the Grand pdd and the Apotheosis?

And what was up with that steeply-inclined bed in the great outdoors....kiss her & she slides off?!

Something positive? The designs' colour palette was pretty. I loved the swishing skirts. However, I didn't care for the 'kinky' character to some of the costumes, such as the cats and the wolf. Yuk. Ah....but then I remembered the tastes of 'Young New Russian Biznizmen.' This may also explain the short length of time (big music cuts), to allow them to get into their BMWs and dash off to nab the better VIP rooms at the Golden Dolls Nightclub.

I give this production 1 out of 5 bananas...and I'm in a generous Holiday mood.

#15 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

I also watched. Total disappointment, especially due to the horrendously jarring music cuts, beginning with the Prologue Fairies grand pas. What on earth was that?

I felt sorry for a star the calibre of Zakharova; she must have been paid well. Sarafanov at least got to dance recognizable steps...but he still comes across as Le Petit Prince, sorry.

Did I blink and miss the solos of the Bluebird pdd? Was there a Mazurka between the Grand pdd and the Apotheosis?

And what was up with that steeply-inclined bed in the great outdoors....kiss her & she slides off?!

Something positive? The designs' colour palette was pretty. I loved the swishing skirts. However, I didn't care for the 'kinky' character to some of the costumes, such as the cats and the wolf. Yuk. Ah....but then I remembered the tastes of 'Young New Russian Biznizmen.' This may also explain the short length of time (big music cuts), to allow them to get into their BMWs and dash off to nab the better VIP rooms at the Golden Dolls Nightclub.

I give this production 1 out of 5 bananas...and I'm in a generous Holiday mood.

You made me laugh! Glad I didn't waste my time watching this after all. Went to yoga instead that evening!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):