This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Liliom

A wonderful new ballet, with a fantastic score: I loved it! A rich and complex work that offers a full range of emotions and moments of sublime poetryyahoo.gifcrying.gifmad.gifwub.pngsad.pngsmile.pngclapping.gif

With two orchestras playing together it doens't seem easy to bring on tour, so I hope a DVD will come out sooner or later, hopefully with the extraordinary Hamburg Ballet: it's a pity that for economical reasons Neumeier's works are often out as DVDs danced by other companies (Die Kameliendame is a completely different thing danced by Paris Opera or ABT and not in good way: they seem light years away from the real work that can be seen in Hamburg).

A cast of great artists, they deserve to be named:

Julie: Alina Cojocaru (as guest from London Royal Ballet)

Liliom: Carsten Jung

Louis, thier son: Aleix Martìnez

The man with Balloons: Sasha Riva

Frau Muskat: Anna Polikarpova

Marie: Leslie Heylmann

Wolf Beifeld: Konstantin Tselikov

Ficsur: Lloyd Riggins

A sailor: Kiran West

Gate Keeper: Edvin Revazov

A Shy Young man: Alexandr Trusch

A sad Clown: Zachary Clark

Elmer, son of Marie and Wolf: Emanuel Amuchàstegui

Here are some other moments of the ballet

http://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/hamburg_journal/media/hamj15185.html

Thanks so much for this. Several recent Neumeier ballet DVDs *have* come out in the last couple of years, so it is not out of the realm of possibility that this one might also appear. I'm in awe of Anna Polikarpova -- still going strong after all of these years!

I'm in awe of Anna Polikarpova -- still going strong after all of these years!

She a wonderful dancer and a great artist. When you are an artist, passing years don't make you less interesting or weaker, they just change you in a different and new yourself.

Ivan Urban, her husband, will be Liliom in the second cast: moustache and beard for the occasion (at least he was wearing them at the premiere).

clip after clip, we will have soon the whole ballet happy.png here another official one from hamburg Ballet, with new dancing moment (and finally a short moment of leslie Heylmann and Konstantin Tselikov, not present in the other videos ...sorry, they are also in the first longer one: still mixing live memories and videos!)

edited with updated link