This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Seattle dance this weekend (12/3-4)

I apologize for posting something so geographically specific, but I just wanted to give local people a heads-up (or let other people know to keep eyes open for touring artists)

We've got a very full couple of weeks here, but this weekend so far I've seen the Mark Morris company in his Festival Dances and Violet Caverns -- it was a great program, and the company is looking wonderful.

As well as Morris, I saw local choreographer Zoe Scofield in "A Crack in Everything." She and her partner Juniper Shuey have been developing this work for the last couple of years, and it's been touring since its premiere in the summer. I'm not sure if it's still on the road after these performances, but if it is, or if she brings something else to your community, go and see it. She's very influenced by her ballet training, but it's transformed into a highly feral world. It is simultaneously very classical and animalistic -- a fascinating world.