New Ballet - Ice LakeAmateur Composer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tiago Mendonça

Tiago Mendonça

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Hello, my name is[/size][/font] Tiago[font=arial, sans-serif][size=4].[/size][/font] [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]I am[/size][/font] [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]an[/size][/font] [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]amateur composer[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=4],[/size][/font] [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]and I've been[/size][/font] [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]composing[/size][/font] [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]a[/size][/font] [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]ballet.[/size][/font] [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]I would be grateful[/size][/font] [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]to hear[/size][/font] [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]your[/size][/font] [font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]opinion.[/size][/font]

A dance:

Intro (unfinished):

Pas de deux:

I hope you enjoy it

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

Thank you, Tiago, for sharing your work with us.

We have other members who know music better than I do, but my immediate reaction is positive. Your music is tuneful and atmospheric and I can easily imagine dancing to it.

Of course, it's impossible to know what pieces you have that are still in progress, or maybe just in your head, but I hope that you have themes for the main characters. You can hear how composers do this in Coppelia, by Delibes, and in Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet.

I hope you'll let us know how you're progressing.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to BalletAlert!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):