This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Circus Arts: 'A Very Young Circus Flyer'

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

The recent New York Times article about the whereabouts of the the subject of A Very Young Dancer got me to thinking about another Jill Krementz book from the same era: A Very Young Circus Flyer. This book featured the Flying Farfans trapeze troupe, especially the youngest member of the troupe -- Armando Farfan Jr.

I think for young boys this book was the equivalent of A Very Young Dancer. Happily, Armando Farfan (and his brother Gino) -- in comparison to the subject of A Very Young Dancer -- appear to have had long, storied careers in the circus. (Gino Farfan is one of the co-owners of Circus Warehouse in New York.)

Did anyone else love this book as a kid???

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,474 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

I'm not familiar with the book, so I'd be interested in any responses from those who have, as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):