UPGRADE MOSTLY COMPLETE
Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:30 AM
One minor quibble, though. It's necessary to log in to view new content -- apparently that's now considered to be a 'search', which has always required logging in. No idea about others, but I've never seen any point in logging in except to search or post; frequently just took a quick peek at the 'new content' column; now will have to go through the hassle of a login just to see if anything new has been posted.
Other than that, love it!
Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:24 AM
Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:50 PM
Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:15 PM
Without your efforts, we would all be in our individual showers, talking vehemently to ourselves.
Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:42 PM
The default background for posts is now white; it used to be a light, greenish-blue. I wonder if that is causing an issue. I changed it on BT4D to a bluish gray, because there was feedback that the white was too glaring.
It's odd that "View New Content" was ever visible without signing in: it's always been a search. It's possible that in past versions it went to whatever ballettalk/balletalert cookie was on the machine to determine who you were -- it needs a starting comparison point -- and now it's looking elsewhere.
Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:59 PM
Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:08 PM
Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:14 PM
Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:20 PM
- There are two types of links:
- Links attached to a word or phrase
- Stand-alone links
- For stand-alone links, you can copy and paste directly into the reply box, or you can use the same tool used for word/phrase links.
- Optional, if you don't want to type the URL: copy the URL.
- Skip Steps 2 and 3 for a stand-alone link. Type your word, phrase, sentence, paragraph, or post.
- Highlight the word, phrase, or sentence you want to turn into the link.
- Click the "Link" button, the little icon on the second row, under the size box down arrow.
- Link A2 Highlight.jpg 51.8KB 1 downloads
- The "Link" box will appear: paste or type the URL into the box and click "OK".
- Link A3 Link Box.jpg 57.47KB 1 downloads
- If you've highlighted a word(s), the highlighted word(s) will be underlined:
- Link A5 Word Linked.jpg 58.76KB 2 downloads
- If you place your cursor over it, you should see a "tool tip" box that says "External link".
- If you haven't highlighted a word(s), the free-standing link will appear as if you had pasted or typed it directly into the post.
Link A6 Link Code.jpg 68.64KB 2 downloads
Apologies for the first grader red circles on the screenshots: I only have Paint and a touch pad on my PC.
Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:24 PM
I also didn't make the very small (11px) text larger, because in the style sheet, there's a comment "Important!" next to the size, and I didn't want to blow up the site.
There's a reason the type on the "Edit", "Report" etc. buttons are so slight until you cursor over them: it's to keep you from accidentally using these buttons, unless you really mean it Once you cursor over them, the text is dark enough to read.
Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:04 PM
The text was very dark gray, and not black. I changed it to black and raised it by a pixel.
Thanks, Helene. It does look sharper and easier to read - every pixel does help.
Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:12 PM
What are you reading the board on?
Is there a way to adjust the display width (or number of columns)? To read a post I have to either use the horizontal scroll bar for each line or reduce the font size.
Firefox. The font and contrast have improved.
Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:37 PM
I have figured that one out, sandik. First you type the text you want, then you select the part you want to link to another website and then you click the 'link' button and insert the URL
Thanks so much for the help -- that seems to be the trick.
Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:02 AM
have to go through the hassle of a login
I presume you know this, but just choose not to use it, but just in case......
One can select the option ("remember me") of having the logon be automatic....then it is zero hassel. I just click on my "BalletAlert" link on my desktop, and I am instantily into the site and logged on. I'd hate to have to logon everytime.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users